101 hotel
Ranked #45 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed October 29, 2013

just back from 4 nights at 101 , great hotel ,great location excellent helpful staff.
All in all great hotel ,just wish we had room 501 for the great view it affords
Vey modern and chic, right in the centre of town everything within walking distance

Room Tip: try for room 501 or 515
2  Thank flannersWatford
Katrin G, Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you kindly for taking the time to write the review, it´s much appreciated ! We very much hope to welcome you to 101 Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I were fortunate to spend five nights in this delightful and top flight hotel. The decor is modern( some may say cold) but we found it cozy from the fireplace in the lounge to the sauna we frequented each evening before going to sleep. Our room was highly functional, roomy and most comfortable. Slept like a rock. Breakfast offered a wide choice ( try the Icelandic yogart thick and rich) and the room was nice to help start the day. The secret STAR of the hotel is Katrin she was amazing. She went far above the call of duty starting with answering numerous phone calls I placed prior to the trip. She answered all of my questions giving great recommendations from tours, to shops and restaurants! All of the staff were extremely helpful but she was amazing. She made numerous arrangements for us and they were all either great fun or delicious. Hotel has a great central location within a easy walk to all the sights. Other staff throughout the day and evening all couldnt do enought for us. Hotel was most enjoyable and we loved after experiencing a grand day out to be able to come home and enjoy our surroundings. You do get what you pay for and at the 101 you receive even more. it is classy, cool, comfortable with great staff. I would recommend it to family and friends. MORE PEOPLE FROM THE USA SHOULD VISIT ICELAND!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our upper floor room ( either 4th or 5th) with a view of the concert hall and the harbour...
1  Thank mrdesign
Katrin G, Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Mr Design

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review - We greatly appreciate such positive feedback, as we take pride and pleasure in making sure our guests get the very best from their stay with us. We are so glad you and you wife enjoyed your time in Reykjavik and it was a pleasure to help ensure your visit was such a success. We look forward to welcoming you back to 101 Hotel in the future !

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visited for my wife's 50th birthday. What a memorable visit. The country and the hotel were fantastic and so very friendly.

The hotel was immaculately clean and very welcoming with a lovely open fire in the foyer and lovely atmosphere. The atmosphere was vibrant during the evening with a very nice class of clientele using the hotel.

Our room was lovely, we were really very grateful that the staff had managed to provide a room on the fourth floor with the most beautiful view overlooking the old harbour.

The staff was so helpful, friendly and had a very ‘can-do’ attitude. We dealt in the main with two persons on the Front Desk (both before and during our stay) - Katrin and JP. They were fantastic and both went the extra mile in making our stay seamless and making Sarah's birthday so memorable.

The ladies serving breakfast were also extremely helpful, very much interested in our stay and our daily activities (Sorry - I don’t have their names but they will know who they are). They even took time helping Sarah learn her Icelandic language pleasantries – Takk!

Would certainly love to go back to Reykjavik and if we do, we'll definately stay at Hotel 101.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms on front side have a lovely view of old harbour

Dear BGT

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write the review - We greatly appreciate it. We are delighted to hear that you had such pleasurable stay with us ! It was also a real pleasure having you and your lovely wife here at the hotel and we sincerely hope to welcome you again to 101 Hotel in the future. Again thank you.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hotel 101 not impressive at all - although the location is not bad, the hotel lacks character. The reception was surprisingly unhelpful and unfriendly. The rooms are not terrible, but our mini bar fridge didn't cool at all. The hotel is essentially too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Don R
Katrin G, Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Don

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write an review. We are sincerely sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as we would have hoped for. We have taken all the points you addressed into careful consideration. We pride ourselves with providing outstanding and warm service here at 101 hotel , therefore I am very sorry to hear it was not your experience, this is something we take very seriously and we are reviewing at the moment. We hope to welcome you again to 101 Hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have just returned from the ultra cool 101 Hotel last week and, as always, I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

From the initial warm and friendly welcome at the front desk, to the quality of service and cleanliness of the suite (something I'm particularly fussy about), it was a great stay from start to finish. The staff were happy to go out of their way to ensure I had a great time, with no request too much trouble for them.

I especially like the comfort and layout of the rooms, where we had a particularly luxurious bed where I had a good, relaxing night's sleep.

I love my food and their restaurant doesn't disappoint. The service is what you'd expect of such a highly rated hotel and it's always lively, a good place to go people watching. (We saw Roger Moore last time we were there but not on this occasion unfortunately)

Overall the hotel is luxurious without being pretentious, ultra modern and very well located to see this great city.

Definitely good value and should I ever return to Reykjavik, this is the only place I'll consider staying.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JonathanDJ
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I spent three nights on a stopover coming from London.I had torn sheets in my junior suite that were stitched up like they belonged in a charity shop. I took pictures to document the issues for my travel agent. After complaining, I was assigned to another junior suite where the door knob fell from from the inside and I had to phone the front desk to escape. I asked to be moved to a third room for fire safety reasons. The place has really gone down hill in the last 2 years and 2 months, and they don't seem to be bothered at the hotel. Two years ago it was a pleasant experience. One additional noteworthy change: the hotel restaurant was basically empty for lunch and dinner. It felt like the locals were signalling to try elsewhere. They don't have a proper spa but nice steam bath and whirl pool. The hotel people are nice but front desk and management are tone deaf to a weaker hotel product and bringing obvious failings to their attention. No suite was available my last night and they claimed they were offering me a favour by allocating me a smaller room and charging me a cheaper rate. Who needs friends like that? I'll be sure to try another hotel on my next visit to Reykjavik.

Room Tip: Because of the hotel's prime location, there can be lots of foot traffic on weekends with consid...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Dwight H
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend stopover on the way to London. Was very happy with the hotel, clean with kind of like an IKEA feel to the design of the rooms. Comfortable bed, flatscreen tv, nice rain shower in bathroom. Every employee that I encountered was friendly and helpful. I thought the location was ideal since it was a short walk to Iceland Excursions so no need to wait for the hotel pick up or drop off for the tours. Also many restaurants and shop right around the corner. Would stay again on my next trip to Iceland, looking forward to it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo