101 hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbathroom areamodern designgreat boutiquesmall gymour honeymoonjunior suitehigher floorperfect locationconcert hallrooms are comfortablemini barsteam roomdowntown reykjavikearly checkstorage spaceblue lagoonhappy hour
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great designer hotel smack in the middle of the city with excellent service and speedy check-in and check-out! Only quite a bit of noise from partygoers from nearby bars on Saturday morning. Great lobby bar, best breakfast buffet in town. I will be back!

Room Tip: 205 had a great view of Harpa.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at 101 hotel for our wedding night. The hotel is located in the best place downtown close to all restaurants and shops in Reykjavík. Our suite was beautifully designed, and I just loved the feel of the sheets on the bed, so soft and clean. We had room service the day after at noon as we were too lazy to get dressed and go for lunch downstairs. The food arrived right away and was delicious.

This hotel is definitely one of the coolest hotels we have ever stayed at. The design is contemporary and modern and the overall ambiance very nice and relaxing. The restaurant downstairs and the lounge area is a perfect place for happy hour or for friends to go out to dinner, any day of the week.

To sum up our stay we had excellent service, great food, super nice and clean room, friendly staff and a great night's sleep. We cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at 101 Hotel. The staff was very friendly - they promptly answered some of my pre-departure emails/questions and assisted with directions, recommendations, reservations upon arrival. The location was excellent. I had one small lunch in the very trendy bar area and thought the food was great. Their beds/linens are quite comfortable. I agree that it is not necessarily the "luxury boutique" experience of some of the other Design Hotels I have experienced but, overall, had a wonderful stay at 101 Hotel and would definitely considering staying there during my next trip to Reykjavik.

Room Tip: Perhaps specify a quiet room if you are sensitive to street noise (I am not). You could hear some people/street noise into late hours of the evening/early morning but perhaps that is the price to be paid for being in such a central/key location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

There are naturally only a limited number of hotels in Iceland. This is the best of the lot! Its small, contemporary and with very attentive service. Its not NYC boutique standard, but its so much better than the alternatives. They serve good food in the funky lobby bar

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gudleiv
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on a stop-over to NYC. The duration of stay was two days.

I had a very pleasant experience which came at quite a high cost, but there are not so many design-hotel options in Reykjavik.

The communication with the hotel went fine and quick, all the emails were answered, and the services I had asked for were organized.

The hotel knew that we would arrive early, and the room was available for early check-in.

I was a bit disappointed at the interior design, as it looks more premium on their web-site, however the view to the harbor was wonderful. I do not think there could have been a better one.

We arrived on Sunday, maybe it is not a party day, as I have heard absolutely no noise from partying, and the noise-isolation of the rooms I find to be very good.

The breakfast was tasty, and the excursions were organized on the spot. The receptionists were good-looking but a bit cold, which is in general the case in most of the design hotels all over the world.

The room was pretty clean. As it is white-nights time, i have used an eye-mask from the minibar, and slept very well.

Room Tip: ask for a harbor view room on a high floor and far from the elevator
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple