101 hotel
$429
$378
  • Restaurant
City Center Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$214
  • Restaurant
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$267
CenterHotel Klopp(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$225
$192
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$321
$284
$568
$496
Travelocity
All reviewsbathroom areamodern designgreat boutiquesmall gymour honeymoonjunior suitehigher floorperfect locationconcert hallstreet noiserooms are comfortablemini barnight's sleepdowntown reykjavikearly checkstorage spaceblue lagoon
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here on my vacation for three nights and glad I did. I opted for one of the bigger rooms and it was huge by Icelandic standards. My room was definitely modern, there was no "bathroom" per se as the square sink was in the same room. Shower was great, big, endless hot water. Bed was comfortable with thick down blankets. Could have used a proper couch or easy chair, though. My room faced Hverfisgata street which has the bar, Naesti, across the street. I was warned about the noise 'til 5am, but that only happened on the Saturday night. TIP: use the earplugs in the gift drawer!! Using these, slept like a baby.

Breakfast was good (2,700 ISK, about $22 USD), eggs, bacon, Swedish pancakes, all you can eat, coffee was excellent (all Iceland coffee is good as they grind the beans to make rich, dark, flavorful coffee, not like American can coffee). Room service was great as well, the hotel staff stops by in the late afternoon to see if you need anything. All good.

I used the hotel gym as well, which is great for those wanting to keep to a schedule. Big room with 5 aerobic machines, hand weights, mat with old tube TVs to watch endless soccer games which seem to run 24/7 there.

Hotel bar is hip, trendy and fills up at night. I sat down at bar first night and it took 10 minutes for the bartender to take my order. It's not the coziest of places, but if you like The Standard in LA or any W Hotel bar, you'd like this place. Late night, there was actually a "doorman" at the entrance of the bar to let you in, like a velvet rope dude in NY. Really? Can get noisy at night, but they shut it down at 1AM so not too bad.

By far, best thing he hotel desk staff was the best thing about the 101. Jean Pierre was extremely professional and helpful, with tips on bars, restaurants and tours and genuinely interested in making my stay pleasant. Katherine actually recommended a great hair salon for me to get a haircut that was awesome and made the appointment for me. As it was my birthday on one of my nights, she recommended a great restaurant, Sushi Samba, just up the street and it was incredibly delicious and reasonably priced. I stayed at three hotels during my vacation and by far, the 101 was the best in terms of comfort, style and helpfulness.

Couple of tips: ask for a higher floor facing the harbor to avoid the bar noise on Thurs-Saturday nights. Use the ear plugs provided in the hotel (300ISK), worth the cost. Make sure to take 110-220 power converters as they charge for these.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor and harbor view to avoid the late night bar scene noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jappleseed12
Erla Bjork G, Guest Relations Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. Your review is very helpful and we will defiantly take note of some of your comments. We would like 101 Hotel to be known for it´s exellent customer service and therefore it makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel welcome. Again thank you and we look forward to welcome you again to 101 Hotel.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

very chic small and intimate hotel. some of the best food i had on the trip. incredible hospitality. Thanks for filming on my camera while i proposed to my gf!!! hotel was very convenient to the hottest bars and restaurants in reykjovik.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steliosg86
Erla Bjork G, Guest Relations Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that 101 Hotel was a part of your surprise engagement ! We hope you to welcome you again to 101 Hotel.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My first trip to Iceland and without doubt a wonderful choice of hotel. Extremely chic hotel but with the warmth and friendliness that is often lost in city centre boutique hotels. I cannot praise the hotel enough, the staff were resourceful and extremely helpful in enabling my wife and I to navigate our way round the sights and sounds of Reyjkavik.

Our room was spotless, the service was seamless and discrete and most impressively within one hour of arrival we were addressed by name for the whole of our stay! Hospitality at it very best!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brimbelles

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! We very much look forward to welcoming you again to 101 Hotel.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were visiting Iceland for our honeymoon. Hotel 101 was fantastic and a 5* experience. From the moment we stepped into the hotel we were made to feel very comfortable. We were there for 2 nights and unfortunately there was a terrible wind storm on both days. However with the help of the staff in the hotel we still have many fab memories! Nothing was too much trouble and restaurant tables were booked for us by reception. There was a small spa area in the hotel and worth a visit for a soak in the Jacuzzi! Thank you for making our stay a romantic one and for all your fantastic customer service! :) We will 100% be returning!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaMcFarlane
Erla Bjork G, Guest Relations Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you kindly for your review. We strive to be the best we can and therefore hearing that our guests had a great and enjoyable stay makes us very happy. We thank you for taking the time to write the review and we very much look forward to welcoming you again to 101 Hotel !

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had two nights in Reykjavik & 101 was a great place to have them. In a very convenient location & very well designed, our stay was very enjoyable.
The room was sleek & well kitted out. All the extras were included & the whole place had a great modern, chic vibe to it.
We had one meal in the hotel's bar/restaurant, which was quiet good, but opted to take the rest of our meals elsewhere. The breakfast looked a little sub-par, but there are lots of very decent places nearby that are relatively cheap.
I didn't catch the name of the man at reception when we checked in, but he helped us out with a lot while we were there. He was very welcoming & I thank him for making us feel at home!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie D
Erla Bjork G, Guest Relations Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you kindly for your review. It always makes us happy to hear that our guests had a good and enjoyable stay with us. In regards to your feedback on our restaurant, this is defiantly something that we we'll look into, our aim is to always do better, therefore you feed back is well appreciated, thank you. The gentleman at reception was Jean-Pierre, he will be happy to hear that you were happy with his service. We very much look forward to welcoming you again to 101 Hotel.