“Great hotel with bath tub in the room”
Review of 101 hotel

101 hotel
Ranked #45 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Love this hotel for a business trip or private stay. They even have rooms with bath tub in the room and a separate shower! Furthermore a bose sound dock for great sound, although it does not charge my iPhone 4s. As free wifi no code needed. Perfect shot!

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed October 24, 2011

The 101 Hotel in Reykjavik is a great option for business or pleasure. The hotel is located right in the heart of downtown, in close walking distance to the "old town" with lots of shops and restaurants. I enjoyed my stay, in a clean and cozy room on the fifth floor, overlooking the ocean port. The gym in the basement was even nice for a quick workout before heading out on the town. I highly recommend this hotel the next time you're in Iceland!

Room Tip: The bar on the first floor may be noisy in the evening, so a higher floor room is recommended.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in October for 2 nights. The hotel and rooms were modern and stylish. The staff was friendly and helpful in booking things. The location is great for walking around the city and close to restaurants and shops. The happy hour in the hotel draws quite a crowd. The Continental breakfast was nice spread and we had a nice meal at the hotel restaurant the first night. I read people complaining about the noise, but it wasn't anything out of the norm for a city on a Friday night. I would definitely stay here and visit Iceland again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the 101 for 3 nights on our honeymoon and felt that the hotel was 'all talk and no trousers'. It did not exceed our expectations. It tries to be an international standard luxury hotel but if you are a regular traveller you will not be overly impressed with it. Design wise yes it is quite cool and quirky... our junior suite on the second floor was very smart and stylish, but the hotel lacks the attention to detail and quality of staff and service it should have for the type of hotel its advertised as.

Upon check in staff told us we were not expected and didn't have a room (later found out reception staff 'over looked' us) which was not the friendliest welcome. No trolley or friendly porter to help with the huge load of luggage we had (the receptionist doubled up as porter but looked rather perturbed when he saw all our luggage and was not that forthcoming with help!!)

Breakfast is continental and OK, but was very depleted when we got there (with an hour left) staff did not seem to even notice there were a lot of empty dishes that were not refilled. Apparently, there is an option to have cooked breakfast instead but no one explained this to us, and we felt typically that the service in this hotel is in line with the general country's service levels, which are lacking in comparison to international standards.

The bar and restaurant served fantastic cocktails and wines, we had a delicious dinner too - but again lack of service and no really well trained service staff made it irritating. The wine we chose was not available and my husbands meal was huge in comparison to mine. No consistency.

In Iceland you have to ask for everything... hotel staff are not efficient and do not anticipate the guests needs. We were in Iceland for 22 days and it was the same everywhere!

Room Tip: Junior suite 201 with partial park and harbour view was very nice. Bring ear plugs if you are a ligh...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for 4 nights in September. We were able to find a great deal on the room which made the hotel much more affordable. Overall our experience was great. The hotel's location could not have been better. We had a lovely view of the Harpa and harbor. We were there on Friday night and we did hear some noise from the street, but not as much as some of the other reviewers mentioned. The restaurant was fun and the hotel lobby had a great happy hour. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at Hotel 101 for a week while in Iceland. It is a beautiful hotel, close to the shopping district. I didnt find it as loud as the other people who have reviewed the space, but maybe I was just lucky. It was clean and nice and the hotel staff was great. Just be aware that the food is expensive, but good.

Also I would recommend the Fish Market restaurant, it was the best meal I've ever had *and I travel a lot) Have the hotel book the reservation for you, they have a good relationship with the chef and will be able to get you a table easier than if you call yourself. we called to make a reservation and were told it was booked, but when the hotel called we got the reservation. '

Enjoy.

Room Tip: I would try for a higher floor. reykjavik is very rowdy on the weekends, the higher you are, the les...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great place to stay. Rooms are ultra modern and immaculate. Great location and very helpful service staff. Wonderful restaurant too.

• Stayed: August 2011