We stayed here as part of a package with icelandair. Initially I feared the worse because of the great deal we got & only chose this hotel because of Reading reviews on tripadvisor of the other package hotel options. The hotel has a great central location, easy walking distance to the main street which is just two blocks up & is also opposite the sea with some rooms having this & a mountain view. After a few excursions we realised how well we had chosen, Hilton Nordica is not walkable & the cabin hotel is also a good distance away. The hotel was fairly basic but the shower was great, bed very comfortable, the room clean, sky sports & BBC news on the tv, staff very helpful & the breakfast was good with choices of local dishes, waffles, fruit, toast & cereals. I would stay here again & fully recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík