2,100 results
All reviews waffle maker bread the main shopping street domino's pizza northern lights sea view make your own waffles hot water happy hour shower curtain paper cups three star two blocks blue lagoon breakfast buffet sulphur smell herring
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The deluxe room facing the water with a small balcony was very nice. Not the most modern room but it was very comfortable.
Guest service persons were very pleasant & helpful.
Breakfast had many different offerings and you had a lot of hot & cold choices

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HjaltiFreyr, Front Office Manager at Fosshotel Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always very happy to hear that we could meet our guests expectations and make their stay a great one!

We hope to see you again if you decide to visit Reykjavik again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel Fosshotel Baron has a very good location in Reykjavík, just in walking distance to the main shopping streets.

The hotel has car parking space in front of the main entrance.

The room itself was well okay and the furniture was bit baroque style, but in good conditions.

There was even a water kettle in the room.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Thosam

Hello Thosam,

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We are very happy that our great location could help you see what Reykjavik has to offer and that you had a good stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just had a great city break here. Basic but friendly hotel with a great breakfast selection. Ideal for all sights you may want to see.happy hour from 17.00 was great as is most happy hours in Reykjavik so good to have a tipple before going out for a meal.we had a clean basic room with shower and toilet and there was a kettle with tea and coffee when needed.the TV had English channels to watch which was great too.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Elaine R

Hello Elaine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this fantastic review. We are thrilled to hear that we could make your stay a great one and help you get to know Reykjavik!

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have only good things to say about my 3-night stay at Fosshotel Baron. A value for money hotel for a solo stay. Reception was fast and breezy. I stayed in a single room (413), which was small but perfect for me as I like cozy rooms. Small window with no view, but not needed as the sea and mountains are just a stone's throw away from the hotel. Bathroom was a wet bathroom (no tub) but didn't bother me. Bed was perfectly warm (bedsheets were warm and comfortable, mattress was perfectly firm). It's so quiet in the evenings! I slept like a baby every night. Wifi was strong. Hotel location is fantastic, close to the city center (10 min walk to Hallgrímskirkja church) and great view of the sea and mountains. Walking distance to everything you could possibly need: Asian restos like Mai Thai, Vietnamese Food, and Noodle House (7 mins), a corner bakery (5 mins), 1011 convenience store (5 mins), Domino's Pizza (just across the street). I didn't have breakfast because of early pick-ups every day, but heard it's pretty good. There is a small fridge-counter with yogurts, bottled waters, snacks etc if you need anything urgently but don't want to step out. Importantly, the hotel had a big parking space in front which made it very easy to spot the tour bus pick-ups at any time. No confusion whatsoever (which I observed was the case for a lot of other hotels' pick-up points). If I ever come back to Reykjavik in the future (which I hope to!), I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Trulz

Hello there,

Thank you for the cheerful and comprehensive feedback, it really is helpful for us and your fellow travelers! It's fantastic to hear that we could deliver and help make your stay in Iceland a fantastic one.

We would love to welcome you back if you want to see more of Iceland in the future!

Reviewed March 9, 2019

I checked in this hotel on Sunday 3 March for a 3 night stay and was immediately impressed by the warm and friendly welcome I received from the 2 ladies working on the reception desk. My room was spacious, clean and had a fantastic view which was wonderful as hotels often treat solo travellers with scant regard. The staff I met always greeted me with a friendly smile and very polite hello, again a pleasant surprise for a solo traveller. The hotels location is in a fantastic location, just a few minutes walk from the main shops and restaurants. I can not praise this hotel high enough, from a great room to wonderful friendly staff it has everything you need for a marvellous stay in a magical country. If I were ever to return I would have no hesitation in checking into this hotel. Thank you to all concerned for making my stay so memorable.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank East-London66
Sigrún R, General Manager at Fosshotel Baron, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Dear solo traveller,

Wow, thank you for all the kind words about us. So glad my wonderful staff members were able to make your stay so enjoyable.

I really hope you come back someday.