Our room was clean and warm. View from our window was amazing, although you do pay extra for it. I would make sure you ask for an 'historic room', we didnt, and got a very basic, uninspiring room. As we were only there for 3 nights it didnt matter too much but any longer and I wouldnt have wanted such a basic room. There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room, you have to pay 300 - 500 isk for a cup of something from a vending machine in the dining area, which you arent allowed to stay in.The receptionist unlocks it while you get your cuppa, then promptly locks it again when you have it. There isnt much of an area to sit unless you want to go back to your room.
Breakfast is buffet, with a fair choice, although you need to get there early - between 7 and 8.
Location is good, for wandering around Reykjavik and for being picked up to go on tours. Shops dont open until 11 on saturday morning tho - so no need to rush.
Hotel seems to be popular with school parties, so heaps of kids around.
All in all - ok for short stay but I wouldnt stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is an official year-round 3-star hotel in downtown Reykjavik. We are located only a few steps away from the main shopping street Laugavegur and the main attractions in Reykjavik's city center. All of our rooms and apartments have a bathroom with a shower, TV and there is free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. Our reception is manned at all hours for the convenience of our guests. All rooms and areas of the hotel are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík