We booked the hotel for a city break based on the previous Tripadvisor reviews and overall we were pretty pleased by our choice. The best feature of this hotel is its location being easy walking distance to the centre of Reykjavik and close to the harbour. We stayed in one of the historic rooms which looked nice on the hotel web site but we were a bit disappointed by the small size of the room, I don't know if the other types of room available are bigger but I overheard the receptionist telling someone else the historic rooms were probably the nicest. The hotel room was clean and had a TV and free wifi but no tea or coffee making facillities.
Given it was a pretty cheap hotel I was impressed by the breakfast that was included in the room price, the selection included the usual cerials yoghurts etc but also had a good range of fruit, breads, cheeses and for the adventurous cold fish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is an official year-round 3-star hotel in downtown Reykjavik. We are located only a few steps away from the main shopping street Laugavegur and the main attractions in Reykjavik's city center. All of our rooms and apartments have a bathroom with a shower, TV and there is free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. Our reception is manned at all hours for the convenience of our guests. All rooms and areas of the hotel are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík