We stayed in Fosshotel Baron room 410 (double, standard) for 2 nights.
GOOD POINTS. Location was very good, an easy walking distance from all the main attractions. Local shops were just around a corner. Our room was spacious and quiet. The breakfast was good and freshly baked pancakes were delicious. We were able to book our Blue Lagoon trip easily via reception. Staff were helpful.
BAD POINTS. Not many. We had a prepaid voucher where we requested a double room with an ocean view. Upon our arrival they had no record of us and gave us a twin room facing graffiti wall (room 421). Upon our request this was rectified right away and we got the largest room (I think) on our floor with a nice view. The beds were little too soft but my partner didn't seem to mind that. The water smelt of sulphur. By the way this is normal on this island with so much geo activity going on.
OVERALL. This is a good 3 star hotel and we felt happy to have chosen it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík