Lovely hotel located slightly out of the centre but only a 5 minute walk to shops etc. We had a large clean room (upgraded at a reasonable charge with huge balcony from which we saw the Northern Lights every night of our stay) with good bathroom. Smell of sulphur in the shower slightly off putting but this is everywhere - top tip, don't close your bathroom door when out for the day as it just gets worse!!
Breakfast was a little hectic with no one to seat you so we ended up sharing tables with people just to get a seat. Good choice of food though and we made up cheese and meat sandwiches to take out with us for the day so we didn't have to buy much on our excursions.
Staff at hotel great - helpful and speak perfect English.
Ate in a few places and had a Dominos from just a few doors down. Expensive for food and drink but again this is Iceland for you.
Highly recommend this hotel :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík