Were transferred from the Lind to this hotel for last night of trip due to over booking - a little miffed at the thought but needn't have worried. Much better hotel than the Lind and a great location. The room was far superior - very big with a kitchenette, sofa, coffee table and balcony AND a balcony with a side view of the ocean.
Good beds, very large bathroom with a decent shower. Only downside was that three different room attendants arrive to clean the room well before checking out time, whilst we were still in bed - knock briefly and entered the room.!!
Breakfast was the same as the Lind, so very good. Only downside is that the breakfast is laid out in a cramped space so a bit difficult if lots of people arrive for breakfast at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is an official year-round 3-star hotel in downtown Reykjavik. We are located only a few steps away from the main shopping street Laugavegur and the main attractions in Reykjavik's city center. All of our rooms and apartments have a bathroom with a shower, TV and there is free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. Our reception is manned at all hours for the convenience of our guests. All rooms and areas of the hotel are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík