We stayed at the Baron after booking it via Icelandair. The rooms were basic but fine (not cold as mentioned by another reviewer - I actually had to turn the heating down!). The breakfast was good and plentiful, and the hotel was well situated for the town and the bay. I found the staff very helpful - I lost my diabetic pen and worked out that it was probably in the vehicle I'd been in for a volcano tour - the hotel reception contacted the tour company for me and my pen was back with me later that evening. This says as much for the tour company as the hotel (big cheers to Volcano Tours!), but it's an example of how helpful the Baron staff were
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík