We stayed at the Baron after booking it via Icelandair. The rooms were basic but fine (not cold as mentioned by another reviewer - I actually had to turn the heating down!). The breakfast was good and plentiful, and the hotel was well situated for the town and the bay. I found the staff very helpful - I lost my diabetic pen and worked out that it was probably in the vehicle I'd been in for a volcano tour - the hotel reception contacted the tour company for me and my pen was back with me later that evening. This says as much for the tour company as the hotel (big cheers to Volcano Tours!), but it's an example of how helpful the Baron staff were
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is an official year-round 3-star hotel in downtown Reykjavik. We are located only a few steps away from the main shopping street Laugavegur and the main attractions in Reykjavik's city center. All of our rooms and apartments have a bathroom with a shower, TV and there is free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. Our reception is manned at all hours for the convenience of our guests. All rooms and areas of the hotel are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík