I spent three nights here with my wife as part of an IcelandAir Northern Lights package. The location is great, right in the centre of Reykjavik within easy walking distance to the main sights. Yet there was no problem with noise.
Our room was small with a sloping ceiling at one end, It had no windows, just a couple of skylights. It was clean though and the furnishings were fine. There was a thermostat hidden behind the bed.
The staff were helpful and efficient.
There's free parking, however this could fill up on occasions.
The complimentary breakfasts were a Scandinavian buffet, mostly cold with a couple of hot options. However the buffet had a wide range of options and overall the breakfasts were very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík