Stayed one night at end of our five day tour. This was Halloween and the hotel emailed me before we left home to advise that they were providing a free Ghost Walk that night which we signed up for. This was excellent and our guide very knowledgable and fun. The hotel even extended the bars happy hour for when we all returned.
Our room on the 5th floor was pretty standard but did have tea/coffee making facilities and a very comfortable bed. We had an ocean view but weather did not really allow us to do justice to this. All staff very pleasant and everything functional. Very good breakfast buffet with large selection in a small room off the eating area but this is a large hotel so could get crowded...we had an early start so got in first.
Very good location close to main shopping street. Good value for what it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is a official 3 star hotel down town Reykjavik, open all year. Located only few steps away from the main shopping street and other interesting attractions in Reykjaviks city center. All rooms and apartments are equiped with shower/WC, TV and WIFI which is free in the bar and reception area. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. All guestrooms, restaurant and bar are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík