“Good spot on the main street in Reykjavik”
Review of Falkinn Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Falkinn Bistro
Cuisines: Scandinavian, European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: http://g.co/maps/q7f5vThis is a fabulous new bistro, just opened in Reykjavik, the owner is a master chef : Nordic is the main stay of the menu : open top sandwiches, meat balls, Lamb steak.
Ireland
“Good spot on the main street in Reykjavik”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Falkinn Bistro is one the more reasonably priced spots in the centre of Reykjavik. There are better places to eat but it's very good value. The staff are friendly and the room is comfortable. The food is enjoyable and I'd recommend it as a value option.

• Visited February 2013

Munich, Germany
“Nothing special”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The waitress was warm and friendly and sat us in prime seats by the window however it was a little drafty and cold so we moved to the back of the restaurant.

Unfortunately this caused some confusion. My husband had ordered whale steak. We had been sat in our new seats only a few minutes when they brought our food which I was amazed at, I was surprised because mine didn't come with the accompaniments described on the menu but I didn't mind as those it came with seemed nicer. We were also surprised that the whale steak was breaded and very thin, more like a schnitzel. We nibbled away and my husband said he thought whale tasted a lot like lamb. A few minutes more passed and we saw the next meals get brought from the kitchen and we realised we had been given the wrong meals and that the table next to us had been given ours. I notified the waitress and she told me I was wrong and we definitely had the right meal but then the table next to us called her over and said that they didn't think their meal was what they ordered. As they hadn't even touched (our) meal (unlike us) she brought the plates over to us from their table and returned those we had been eating to the kitchen and brought them fresh. So the reason the whale tasted like lamb was because it was lamb!

The waitress didn't really see the funny side and we felt terrible and incredibly stupid although eating food we don't normally eat we simply weren't sure what it was supposed to look like. I wouldn't eat here again, the food was OK but nothing special.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank harrisonerin
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely rude”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Having read the reviews on TA, we thought we'd give it a try. We didn't get past the host. He told us there were no tables for the two of us. We politely asked if there would be one later, and how much later we should return to try again. Each question met a rude and short response, the final one including the host taking a step back, throwing his arms up, and replying "I don't know. How do I know what the people are going to do?"

I may not be a restauranteur but I have eaten in one or two restaurants. Never has the host been absolutely unable to tell us (even approximately) how long the wait will be, and if he genuinely couldn't, why the attitude? Needless to say, we didn't bother returning.

2 Thank Brianna R
Edenbridge, United Kingdom
“Good value and tasty food!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We came across this bistro on our first evening in Iceland. It was a cosy place, with a nice atmosphere and friendly staff. We both had the fish balls which were full of flavour. They had happy hour between 5-8pm so a beer was 500k. Good value for a tasty meal.

Visited March 2013
“Holiday meal out”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stumbled across the falkinn on the main street whilst out looking at the town. Simple little place but the exterior does not do it justice. The food was excellent but simple (which is a compliment) and prepared with a lot of skill. The service was polite and understated with was nice. The dessert was my highlight with a fantastic apple pie all for a very reasonable price, Also a bonus I managed to pick up a free wifi connection from next door.

• Visited March 2013