“Average budget place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reykjavik
Guesthouse Sigridur
Ranked #98 of 109 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2006

In my search for less-expensive lodging, I came upon this guesthouse. It's very basic with about 12 rooms. The innkeeper is very friendly. The rooms are more spacious than some other European rooms, with a kitchen. The shared bath is coed. Only 2 shower stalls, but I never had to wait.

A minus for me was the noise. Hard surfaces (floors & walls) bounce around the voices, footsteps, beeping of your neighbor's microwave, telephone ringing, etc. So the person next door was rushing around to leave early and I got to listen to the whole deal.

Location is not great. It's about a 10 minute drive to the harbor and downtown area, so you need to have a car to stay here.

If I were to do it again, I'd pay a bit extra and stay downtown.

• Stayed: June 2006