“Ice cream with yoghurt and granola is healthy, right?”
Review of Eldur and Is

Eldur and Is
Ranked #4 of 30 Dessert in Reykjavik
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Our shop sells CREPES, COFFEES and ICE CREAMS, with the possibility to blend them together with the unique flavour of Eldur og is, that means ... fire and ice. From the crepe's menu you may choose sweet or savoury, organic spelt or VEGAN, LACTOSE and GLUTEN FREE. The menu is "free"! Basically you choose your own ingredients from the list. We suggest you to try it with ice cream too. The coffees and the teas that we use are selected and roasted from Tea & kaffi, leader in Iceland for quality coffees. Personally I suggest you to try the Affogato al caffé, that is the perfect blend of the typical Icelandic character ... fire and ice. For Icelanders when you say ice creams, they are thinking Kjoris! Traditional family business, two generations old of ice makers working constantly on the quality of products and production. We are using their ice creams as solo or with our knowledge of blend them with hot crepes or coffees, giving a characteristic flavor of ... Eldur og is. Then we have few more options on hot chocolates, milk shakes and blizzards. Soon or later we will enrich our list of HEALTHY products, but that is our near future. For now accept and enjoy our service and variety of products to satisfy young and happy-mature people.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Visited Eldur and Is following recommendations on TA. We were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and even talked us into having whipped cream on my mocha and Hubby's cake!
I had the Skyr is which was two scoops of ice cream of your choosing, in my case a very heavenly blueberry and Daim bar combination, over the top of some Skyr yoghurt which is dreamy and creamy. All topped off with granola. There were a mouthwatering choice of flavours to have and I could have had them all.
Hubby had Daim bar cake, a fond memory of our trip to Norway in 2011 and a latte. I had the Swiss Mocha flavoured with Toblerone. All came to 2540kr which equated to £14.50 which was reasonable for the amount we had. I didn't leave feeling hungry. Would definitely return but would need to train off those calories!

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Today we visited here and had amazing crepes. We had read reviews on tripadvisor and we're just around the corner so we popped in.

Service was great and the gentleman who made our crepes was friendly and explained the difference in Icelandic crepes. I had Nutella and banana and my husband had chocolate brownie ice cream and strawberries.

They were delicious that's all I need to say :)

I've marked average on price but it's no more expensive than anywhere else - it's just everything is quite expensive in Iceland!

I hope to return for brunch tomorrow too :)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went here twice on our visit the hot chocolate is amazing! ( have to try the Nutella hot chocolate a-maz-ing!!). There is a great selection of different types of crepes and large portions! Very reasonable prices for everything :)

You need to pay this place a visit as it's a great location!!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Having read the Trip Advisor reviews, I wanted to try this little cafe out. My partner and I shared a strawberry and chocolate crepe and it was delicious! It was nicely presented as well. We also shared a scoop of blueberry ice cream, which was creamy and flavourful. A few days later we returned to take away some ice cream - banana, chocolate brownie, and hazlenut. All good! Although they don't make their own ice cream at this cafe, the ice cream they do use is great. Treat yourself to this little cafe at some point during your visit to Reykjavik.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Tried a couple of flavors and they were good. It is located in the center of town, down the street from Hallgrímskirkja, so you can stop by and get a treat while shopping.