“Great crepes and open late.”
Review of Eldur and Is

Eldur and Is
Ranked #4 of 28 Dessert in Reykjavik
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Our shop sells CREPES, COFFEES and ICE CREAMS, with the possibility to blend them together with the unique flavour of Eldur og is, that means ... fire and ice. From the crepe's menu you may choose sweet or savoury, organic spelt or VEGAN, LACTOSE and GLUTEN FREE. The menu is "free"! Basically you choose your own ingredients from the list. We suggest you to try it with ice cream too. The coffees and the teas that we use are selected and roasted from Tea & kaffi, leader in Iceland for quality coffees. Personally I suggest you to try the Affogato al caffé, that is the perfect blend of the typical Icelandic character ... fire and ice. For Icelanders when you say ice creams, they are thinking Kjoris! Traditional family business, two generations old of ice makers working constantly on the quality of products and production. We are using their ice creams as solo or with our knowledge of blend them with hot crepes or coffees, giving a characteristic flavour of ... Eldur og is. Then we have few more options on hot chocolates, milk shakes and blizzards. Soon or later we will enrich our list of HEALTHY products, but that is our near future. For now accept and enjoy our service and variety of products to satisfy young and happy-mature people.
USA
“Great crepes and open late.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was walking by late on a Saturday, and I was surprised to see that it was still open. I think this dessert spot stays open until 11PM usually, and that was fantastic for me. I had a lemon and sugar crepe with a scoop of lemon sorbet. I was a little hesitant about the lemon sorbet, but the woman at the counter let me try a taste beforehand. It was fantastic, and it went really well with the crepe.

I would definitely recommend this place for desserts or a quick treat. The pricing is a little expensive (100 ISK for lemon, sugar, or butter; 150 ISK for other ingredients like Nutella, fruits, etc.; 300 ISK for soft serve ice cream; 350 ISK for gelato/sorbet), but food in Iceland is expensive. I was happy with my choice. :)

1 Thank odderie

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
“Dessert heaven!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stopped in here for a quick snack and to warm up while walking around downtown Reykjavik. I had read about this place on TA and being a crepe-afficionado, I just had to try them. It was so yummy! They have so many toppings, it's hard to choose. We did oreo, whipped cream and caramel which i thought would be odd but they recommended it. So good! The hot chocolate and swiss mocha coffee were also fantastic...there's something about the icelandic chocolate! It's a tiny place but full of charm and the people are incredibly nice. Definitely worth a stop in for a treat!

1 Thank JennyG81
HK
“Great Ice-Cream”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice little coffee, ice-cream and crepes cafe. The owner is very friendly. Me and my wife were having a big soft ice-cream, taste so good! Really a nice relaxing place to enjoy a delicious ice-cream or crepes.

1 Thank MikeBear21
Savannah, Georgia
“loved this place!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stopped by here on my vacation to Iceland and was pleasantly suprised at how good the icecream was. The staff was very nice and it isnt expensive. I paid just under $6 for 3 different flavors of icecream and they were delicious. There was a good variety of toppings as well. I'd definitely recommend to others in Iceland. Its worth a visit.

1 Thank km08
Fakenham, United Kingdom
“Great Crepes”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A little gem of a find. We stumpled across Eldur and Is whilst wandering around Reykjavik. I had a savory crepe and my partner had a sweet crepe. Both were very good. The owner was very friendly and made a great cup of tea,

The price was reasonable and we left there feeling very content.

• Visited February 2013