“Good food at a good price”
Review of Roadhouse

Roadhouse
Ranked #47 of 511 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: American restaurant that takes much pride in making everything "in house" from scratch. We handcut our fries, smoke our ribs and make our own sauces. We love to serve great food and try our very best to choose from the best local ingredients. Roadhouse "The taste that brings you back"
Reviewed April 2, 2014

When eating out in Iceland, our main aim was to find places that aren't ridiculously expensive but still serve alright food. We came across so many restaurants that looked okay and then their prices were through the roof. Then we found this place. It's easy to get to and has plenty of roadside parking.
The restaurant tries to have a 50s theme to it but having some Coca Cola merchandise and a grill from a '57 chevy does not make it 50s themed, so the decor wasn't amazing but I didn't care as I was here for the burgers!
I ordered a pulled pork burger, my girlfriend ordered a mac and cheese burger. The food came really quickly and was piping hot. The food was nice, my burger was good but when I tried my girlfriend's, it was heaven. Thinking about the burger she had now is making me hungry! It was amazing. So with 2 mains, drinks and deserts, a bill of £30/£40 was perfect for us as we so easily could have gone elsewhere and spent over £100.

So if you are looking for somewhere reasonably priced with nice wholesome american BBQ style food, here's your place.

2  Thank JustDan91

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Love BBQ so when I heard about this place I had to try. Got a seat at the bar. The place is kind of done up in 50's Americana. Works for a BBQ place. Staff were pretty friendly. Free popcorn while you wait. I got KC style ribs with fries and coleslaw and a Coke. The ribs themselves were very good but the sauce wasn't. My first bite I thought oh this ain't gonna be great. If I could I would've wiped the sauce off them. I soldiered through though. The fires were very good and coleslaw was decent. Oh I also got onion rings as an appetizer. They were Okay, again nothing special. Price was about $26US which seems about average for BBQ.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

So good! Wen back more than once in our trip - so much yummy food it was amaZing! Packed with locals too which is always a good sign

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Good fast service and more food than we could eat; large beer and a coke to drink. onion rings to start then I had the hickory smoked ribs, which tasted of real smoke, girlfriend had the pulled pork which had a bit of a chillie taste to it, both came with a pile of fries. Finished off with a couple of milkshakes. Cost about 40 quid and the food was excellent only bad point was no side salad option.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had found this place listed in the Lonely Planet guide and mentioned it in passing to our Icelandic hosts - they said that it was probably their favourite place to eat in Reykjavik. We were initially cautious about travelling all the way to Iceland only to eat American food but after the whole-hearted and enthusiastic recommendation from real live Icelanders we lost all apprehension and eagerly headed out. It's easy to find with plenty of roadside parking around for those arriving on four wheels. It has a very authentic old country american feel (Coca Cola branding EVERYWHERE!) and the service was good. We shared some complimentary popcorn while our order was being made and our food arrived quickly. I had one of the myriad burgers on offer (I forget which one now. The meat was well seasoned, juicy and lean (so much so that I forgot to share a bit with my other half....)) and my partner had the Hickory-Smoked Ribs - AMAZEBALLS! The generous (but quite fatty) serving of ribs was served alongside a mountain of fries and a side of coleslaw. It would have been nice to have had the option of ordering a side salad but the only salad on the menu was a large main.
The food was very reasonably priced - two drinks and our two substantial main meals came to a smidge over £30. We left with full tummies and an appreciation as to why our hosts enjoy this place so much!

1  Thank NickandClair