“Hip Happ in Reykjavik”

Ranked #323 of 464 Restaurants in Reykjavik
London (UK)
“Hip Happ in Reykjavik”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife is a veggie, so finding this small cosy place in the middle of town was a godsend, as an affordable place for lunch after a morning in the market and concert hall (recommended). I had a small but very tasty salad-based buffet which came with an earthy/truffly mushroom soup and she had some sort of veggie burger with salad, which got the thumbs up.

Some good juices are on offer too. As we abstained from the booze in Iceland, to prevent personal bankruptcy.

Not a high falutin' fine dining experience, but altogether a great place for lunch. It reminded us a bit of Ottolenghi in London, which can only be a good thing.

• Visited November 2011

Hirtshals, Denmark
“Bad Service, Nice restaurant”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I dined here with my Aunt last summer, so maybe they worked some of the kinks out since then, so take this review with that in consideration. We were one of 5 tables in the small restaurant (in a restored historic wooden house in the old part of town). We placed our orders and whilst waiting we noticed other tables that were noticeably acquaintances with the staff (my Aunt is Icelander) were seated and received their food before we did. The waitress forgot the second part of the order. Food might have been more memorable had the service and wait for food not been so long. I would have understood more had the cafe been packed. I might try it again, if I could maybe serve myself.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Gunilla5
Dublin
“Healthy and delicious”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

When I am on holiday I start to crave salads and veg as it can be hard to find those on lunch menus. This place satisfied that craving - I had a delicious salad of mixed leaves, carrot, courgette and toasted seeds with chicken thighs. It was so flavoursome, and was a struggle to finish due to the size of the portion but I loved it. My hisband had black bean burger with pumpkin fries and it was also very tasty. They have a great selection of juices to choose from and what we tried were delicious. It was very quiet at the time we were there (early lunch time) so service was very efficient and staff were helpful. It was a good option for a reasonably priced lunch yet avoiding the 'fast food' option and the rooms themselves were beautifully decorated.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Fi24
Calgary, Canada
“Cozy and very nice”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Loved his new little gem. Great coffe and veg options. Cozy interior with lots of charm. So nice to have healthy and not so heavy options. The upstairs is very cute. Busy on Sundays for brunch. Wait staff were a bit overwhelmed with a large group on a Sunday. Highly recommend this easy-going, fresh and healthy place. Will definitely return.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Dan M
“Great place and lovely food”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Advised to try it as there some veggie options and v impressed. Partner had beet root salad and I had mushroom soup with their great bread. Chocolate and fig cake rounded off great lunch

3 Thank Philperrett