“Go!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mioborg
Reviewed April 4, 2016

Loved this restaurant! We went after reading reviews on trip advisor. It was packed (with locals - a good sign !) and we were told it would be a half hour wait for a table. They found us a space at the bar for a drink while we waited. Around 15 minutes later our table was ready. Service was very attentive, not intrusive. I had the moules, which were probably one of the best I've tasted! Absolutely wonderful from walking in to walking out.

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

The french onion soup was tasty, but the whole piece of toast on top was kinda annoying, had to cut that up into smaller pieces to get to the soup underneath. The mixed berry smoothie was also full og seeds, which is undrestandable, but still dissapointing. My friend had pancakes that were better looking that they were tasting, too dry and savory for dessert pancakes.

I don't know if they were having an off day or what, but it seemed like everyone around us were having some problems. The women at the table next to us got their eggs benedict but had no knives and had to wait unusually long for the waitress to bring them, they actually resorted to grabbing the stake knives from the serving station to be able to eat. While we were paying I noticed the group in front having some complaint and getting a partial refund.

The staff were friendly but the wait staff somewhat distant and absent minded it seemed - if someone has their food in front of them but no knives, you run yo get them, not waddle between tables answering questiond first. Like I said, could be just an off day.

Overall not living up to the hype.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

The welcome we experienced was superb, drinks we didn't end up paying for were greatly appreciated.

The starters quickly arrived and were very tasteful and impressive.

Sadly the hour it took to get our main course was a real downer on the evening and spoiled our first night in Reykjavik.

Ok, we got a few free drinks but an hour to get three pieces of fish across the pass is not acceptable.

Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I ordered the mussels with fries- very good and tasty. Waitstaff was friendly but hard to track down when we had to flag him for the end of our meal. All in all, very positive dining experience and their portions were delicious and generous.

Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

We recently ate here as a couple for the first time although my husband has eaten here before and was always impressed.
We had the mussels to start and some came out raw so we had to send it back.
Mains were the "bouillabaisse" which really wasn't what it's meant to be. It was overpowering of fennel and lacked seasoning of any sort. There was no bread served with it and the sauce was black. The only mussel included had not opened so I couldn't eat it,
My husband had the catch of the day and it was pleasant.
Overall I'd say the place is average although this appears to be hit and miss.