“Very disappointing!!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My second visit this year. I live in NYC and know and appreciate good food (and service). I love loved this place last time (feb) so that is why I returned even though there are plenty of other options. Well my steak was fatty and cold and my waitress didn't come by once to ask how things were unlike the amazing service I had at fish market last night. Ridiculous...don't go! Not worth the money!! Also saw other tables given s free after dinner drink but not me...

1  Thank Lelania L

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent restaurant, great service and good food. I ate twice here on a short trip. I first sampled the excellent seafood on my first evening, then had the famous Icelandic lamb for lunch before my flight home.
Great atmosphere, great service, excellent food, reasonable prices( for Reykjavik).

For those on a budget there is a daily lunch deal, and set evening deal both at good prices for the standard of food.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The best meal I've had so far in Reykjavik. We had to wait for an hour to get a table, but it was worth the wait. The food was good, but the mussels were a bit over done, and the chocolate cake should have been warm. But the fries were the best i've ever tasted (and I've tasted some...). Normally I wouldn't rank a restaurant as excellent if I wasn't 100 % satisfied with the food. But the fact that we got out of there for under 100 $ for dinner, dessert and wine for two, makes it worthy of the excellent ranking.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had a disappointing dinner experience at Snaps a few months ago and have since been there for lunch which was a really wonderful experience; so, in the spirit of fairness thought it only right that I share this, as I have been won over!

A friend and I had a very leisurely week day lunch, with attentive staff on hand. I had the goats cheese salad (enormous!) which was very tasty and tangy with grilled pears and a lot of varied salad leaves. As they didn't have our first choice on the dessert menu we were given coffee on the house - a nice little touch! So successful was this experience that I returned for lunch another time, for an even longer lunch as it turned out and again the staff were attentive and yet knew when to leave you to enjoy your meal. Would recommend!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Wish we would have returned for another meal, as it proved to be the best value for mid-priced meals, GREAT inexpensive house wine, and wonderful food. We never ate at the same place twice during our stay, Snaps was the only place we regret not returning to. Next time!