“Positive energy and really good food”
Review of Snaps Bistro Bar

Snaps Bistro Bar
Ranked #40 of 519 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This bistro is attached to the Hotel Odinsve. We ate here all three nights we were in Reykjavik because the food was delicious and, yes, it was convenient. All three nights the bistro filled up early with people who were out to have a good time which included good food. We had salmon the first night with a starter and dessert, wine and snaps. Reasonably priced. What is also a plus is that the waitstaff are pleasant, some even friendly and the service very good. We ate sandwiches and beer the other two nights and every time the food was exceptionally good. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife, sister and I went to this restaurant on a Thursday for a good dinner.
We had the menu, smoked salmon for starters. Fish of the day and creme brulee.
It was pleasant, but some of the waiters had left "the good mood" at home.
We expected more.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went the last 4 days 2 times to the restaurant. The 3 course menu with fish of the day as main course is not expensive. The second time I had the "Moules Frite". Also the house wine is not expensive, 3.900 kr for a bottle of white or red wine.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a fantastic place that has good variety of 'open sandwiches' that are know as 'smörrebröd' in Danish and commonly called that in Iceland as well. The place has many other basic bistro items on the menu; good steak, catch of the day and so on. In spite of the white cloths on the tables, the place has a laid back atmosphere and gets quite lively on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. It's located downtown, although not right on the main street. Perfect location to start a night out.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Nearly every meal I had in Iceland was pleasurable, but the meal I enjoyed the most was my dinner at Snaps. This relatively new restaurant is attached to the Hotel Odinsve, where I was staying, and I really knew nothing about Snaps when my family and I put our heads in and thought we'd try it for dinner. It was raining that evening, and the patter of rain on the green-house style ceiling added to the cozy atmosphere. I ordered fresh muscles in a white wine-based broth with a side of (perfect!) frites with aioli. Oh heavens, I'm getting hungry again. This place is very popular with Icelanders, too - which is nice.

1  Thank GAIL T