“Excellent”

Sushi Social
Ranked #33 of 509 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Sushi, Brazilian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open at the end of 2011 and a hot favorite on the Reykjavik restaurant scene, Sushi Social - samba & grill offers a deliciously unique take on homegrown ingredients, fusing Iceland's freshest flavors with Japanese and South American influences. The menu offers a great selection, tempting smaller courses, traditional and "Juicy- Sushi" , amazing steaks and sweet desserts. If you can't decide what to go for, the Icelandic feast is a perfect solution - six courses form an incredible taste experience that includes the national aperitif 'Brennivin' and an Icelandic Skyr panna cotta for dessert. Fabulous chili mojitos and a gorgeously eclectic interior are the icing on the cake at Sushi Social. Hand- carved Brazilian curios and some 50 pretty Japanese birdcages complement the contemporary lines and gentle feel of the place.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went here on a Friday night. Not too crowded. Sushi was fresh as can be and excellent. Had a nice variety and none disappointed. Waitress and Hostess were very friendly. Waitress made some suggestions and was very eager to help with the menu. Her suggestion was actually my favorite. Little on the expensive side but well worth it.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Travel Guide advertised a Prix Fixe meal which looked great. Unfortunately, that's not what I was served. When I inquired I was told "Oh, we've made some changes." Okay... why wasn't I informed when I placed my order. It was a busy Friday night and crowded with locals. I felt like I was taken for a stupid tourist. It was the ONLY place I felt this way in Reykjavik.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I love Sushi and I got what I paid for. I took the most recommended menu and it was great. I will go there again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

By far the best sushi you will find in Reykjavik. Not cheap but totally worth it. The staff is friendly, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is fun. One of the very few places in Iceland with an actual bar and interesting cocktails.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very beautiful restaurant. A great and cool place to go with a group of friends. The sushi looks good and tastes good.