“Good food and good service”
Review of Sushi Social

Sushi Social
Ranked #32 of 511 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Sushi, Brazilian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open at the end of 2011 and a hot favorite on the Reykjavik restaurant scene, Sushi Social - samba & grill offers a deliciously unique take on homegrown ingredients, fusing Iceland's freshest flavors with Japanese and South American influences. The menu offers a great selection, tempting smaller courses, traditional and "Juicy- Sushi" , amazing steaks and sweet desserts. If you can't decide what to go for, the Icelandic feast is a perfect solution - six courses form an incredible taste experience that includes the national aperitif 'Brennivin' and an Icelandic Skyr panna cotta for dessert. Fabulous chili mojitos and a gorgeously eclectic interior are the icing on the cake at Sushi Social. Hand- carved Brazilian curios and some 50 pretty Japanese birdcages complement the contemporary lines and gentle feel of the place.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was there on a Thursday night. The decor is different but suits the atmosphere. The food was very good, especially the duck.

I thought the music was very loud the persons in front of me didn't hear what I said except I spoke very loudly. This is a restaurant which you go to before a night out.

Overall good food and everybody happy.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

One of best sushis in my life! Ordered plate of sashimi and my friend took nigiri ("chef's surprise") and then we just split it. Also great place, really nicely decorated, cozy! Make a reservation.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had been here in Feb 2012 and it was without doubt the best Sushi I had had outside of Japan. This time I did not get the same experience, I am sure they had changed the menu and maybe the chef. It was good but not jaw droppingly good as last time.
It is VERY expensive (like most things in Iceland) but a good experience.
My advice is to try the Chef selection menu so you get the best of what he has on offer.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I visited for a nice dinner. The service was good, the cocktails were great and the food was amazing - if I was ever back in Iceland I would definitely visit!

The food is served in small courses and the idea is that you order about 3 each - a bit like tapas but sushi and south american fusion food. Tasty!

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The sushi is so good. First time we had edamame spicy. It was so delicious. We also tried the eel nigiri, shrimp tempura and tuna rolls. They were the best we've ever had.