“Excellent breakfast spot”
Review of Tiu Dropar - CLOSED

Tiu Dropar
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: One of the oldest cafes in Reykjavik, hidden away in a basement locale on Laugavegur 27. 'Grandma-style' interior and traditional-style cakes and other delicacies. // Each night after 6pm Tiu Dropar turns into Le Chateau des Dix Gouttes serving wine, cheese and other gourmet.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Unassuming lower ground floor location but very quaint.

Nice food and friendly staff and good value for money compared with other offers.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I were looking for dinner on the late side of the evening- Reykjakiv dines fairly early during the week! We discovered the Le Chateau des Dix Gouttes (known as Tiu Dropar during the day). In a basement on the main street, they serve food until about 10 PM. I had a sandwich with a nice, fresh salad (sandwich was quite large) and my husband had a really tasty Belgian waffle with cream and chocolate. We each had a glass of Malbec- I think the meal came to about 5,000 kr (around $45 USD), which is fairly reasonable in Reykjavik. He talked about that waffle for the rest of our days in Reykjavik...so it must have been really good! Service was nice and quick (ordered at the bar and the bartender brought us our food), and the space is very low key. A lovely evening

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I enjoyed breakfast (well brunch) here, having walked past it a couple of times during our stay in Reykjavik. Walking down the steps and through the door was at first quite daunting, but once inside we were pleasantly surprised! Old fashioned but quirky, the restaurant's menu only had a few options but our eggs were fresh and, pancakes plentiful. A must visit for any one who enjoys breakfast!

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Very good if this is what you're looking for. The eggs were very fresh, the bacon crispy. The hot chocolate was rich. My husband, the coffee addict, rated the espresso a 4 out of 5. He reserves a 5 rating for only the most rapturous espresso experience.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We enjoyed the ambience, service and breakfast foods. Would go again. It's a little hidden and easy to miss - on main street, but the door is down a few steps and on the side of the building