Review Highlights
Rafting and Beer Tasting with BBQ

The rapids were only class II+, but the trip was still really fun. If you've rafted before then I... read more

Reviewed July 16, 2019
Jennifer F
via mobile
All two-up sleds

It is not clear in the booking, but each snowmobile there is a two-up so expect to ride with... read more

Reviewed July 3, 2019
timothy m
Home

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from $125.00
from $94.32
from $266.11
from $42.67
More Info
All reviews base camp snowmobile tour ice cave monster truck safety briefing cliff jump golden circle hot drinks and biscuits snow mobiles super jeep great fun snowmobiling experience fresh snow amazing experience arctic adventures gullfoss waterfall national park
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2018

Yes this activity is incredibly expensive for what you get, and unfortunately, I was not blown away.

The snowmobile experience was good, if you have never done it before, but it wasn't particularly adventurous.

The ice cave was really cool, and it was good to learn a thing or two, but this still doesnt justify the cost.

All in all, I wouldn't do this activity again knowing what you get for the price, however we did have a fun time with the guides, and we can now say we have ridden snowmobiles and been on the Langjökull glacier, so as an experience, I do not regret this activity and we got some great pictures to remember it by!

Date of experience: November 2018
2  Thank Jake_LHX
Reviewed October 26, 2018

The trip was cut short due to the bad weather which is fair enough. Trying to get a refund for the elements cancelled in their entirety has been laughable. Make sure you pay on credit card, their trips may be excellent but in the event of a problem their customer service is poor and you just wont get a response. This company even by the admission of their tour guide will attempt to not refund.

Date of experience: October 2018
4  Thank 517sami
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Beautiful scenery on the long drive to the base camp and all along the river. Sun, rain, wind, hail... all within 15 minutes, repeat and rinse! Great operators/guides. Class 2 is a stretch with only 3 that were more than just ripples. Jumping off the cliffs into the river was fun. Amazing that although flowing for 1000s of years water is murky. Cut trip short due to stormy windy weather... Another Icelandic experience notched on the belt. Preferred Silfra if you want to get into the water.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

My husband and I had such a great time with Bjorn on the Riverjet Boat. The scenery is beautiful, the ride exhilarating, and the company was great. I also appreciate the fact that you can grab a beer afterwards at the starting point. Worth every penny.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I think this might be a better winter activity. Zero snow. Who wants to snowmobile on ice? Not me! You have to go slow and really fight to turn.

I would o my do this when there is plenty of fresh snow. Someone in our large group flipped their snow machine in the first 5 minutes. We have to wait for 10 minutes until that person was comfortable to start again.

Not worth the money if you actually like snowmobiling.

1  Thank knkilroy