“A lovely stay with a wonderful host.”
other travelers have booked this property
The bedroom Living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The bedroom
Living room
The coast is only 5 min. walk away.
My The street
Grótta
my street
my street in North
my street in North
my street
Grótta in the good Day
shorten
Grotta on night of summer
toilet with shower and washer dryer is also
view of bedroom from a distance
extra beds are always available
you can watch your car always
outside the area Seltjarnarnes area
foot tub that is in Seltjarnarnesi .  and take the sommer  night
view from Seltjarnarnesi
Winter
Grótta
Iceland Vík
The car no 1..
The car ni 1
The car no 1 manual
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
719robynr
Panama City, Panama
“A lovely stay with a wonderful host.”
Reviewed June 6, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We rented the studio apartment from Siggi and was not disappointed. The apartment was clean and had everything we needed for our week in Iceland. Siggi is a national treasure and we met his lovely family too. Siggi transported us to and from the airport for a reasonable fee and gave us a sightseeing tour on the way to the apartment. Included in the rental price was a car, a older Mercedes which took us all over the south and west of Iceland in comfort. He even included a GPS unit which was invaluable in getting us around the city and country. Siggi gave us good suggestions on what to see and where to eat. His help was invaluable since understanding Icelandic was out of the question!
I would highly recommend a stay at either of Siggi's apartments.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: clean and comfortable accommodation
Liked least: the coffee maker
Alan S
Peacehaven
“A complete service”
Reviewed May 16, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

The journey began right from the moment I booked this apartment. Owner Siggi offered to pick me up from the airport for a small fee, which I thought was a good idea as finding the property might prove difficult. On the drive from Keflavik approx. 45-50km Siggi showed me some of the sights. Arriving at the apartment he handed over the keys to the house, car showed me around the living quarter and surprised me with sat-nav and mobile for any problems. Nothing was to much trouble to the extent that I felt like I had my own staff. The place it's self was clean, tidy and had all that anyone could want for their stay. My overall impression was that if the experience had a fault I didn't find it and I challenge anyone to find it, I awarded 5*. Thank you Siggi and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Liked best: everything
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Friends getaway People with disabilities
flygal8
Ontario
“Perfect Location in Clean and Comfortable Apartment”
Reviewed March 29, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

We are just back from a fantastic March Break vacation in Iceland. This apartment is located in Seltjarnarnes, a lovely little town just minutes away from Reykjavik city centre. There is a beautiful beach within walking distance, a pond with ducks and swans to feed, and a nearby shopping complex with a wine store, pharmacy and 24hr grocery store. The apartment was cozy, clean and functional. There is a small bedroom and two single pullouts in the living room. We were two adults and one teenage girl and it suited us fine. Our host Siggi, was amazing and made us feel at home. He's gracious and friendly and responded promptly to requests and queries we had, both before and during our stay. The car and cell phone included in the rental was a fantastic bonus.Enjoy!!

jan B
Tampa, Florida
“Fabulous”
Reviewed September 20, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

The apartment was gorgeous and comfortable, completely quiet and located in a beautiful beachside community. The bike path along the beach and a nature preserve was a few houses down from the apartment. Ask Siggi about renting bicycles. It was the best place I could have picked because when I got there my friend couldn't join me and my phone didn't work so I was a little overwhelmed. Siggi is great about responding to questions so I felt really safe and attended to. I already miss Iceland!

Liked best: Phone and garmin
Liked least: everything was great
Traveling group: Solo
Robotmons...
Belfast, Ireland
“Great location for our week-lomg trip”
Reviewed September 13, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed in Siggi's summerhouse for a week. The summerhouse is located just outside Selfoss and is perfectly positioned to visit many of the attractions in South and East Iceland. The car was an added bonus and it enabled us to be very independent rather than have to rely on tours to see the sights. Best of all was the Northern Lights appearing right over our heads in the clear sky. Nearby Selfoss has a great swimming pool complex and good places to eat.

Siggi was very welcoming and was always on hand should we have needed anything.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Carol B
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Travel Base for Iceland”
Reviewed July 20, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Siggy is a great host and the apartment and car he provided are wonderful. The apartment is spacious, very clean and well appointed. It's located about 1km from downtown. The location is very good, a quiet neighborhood, with grocery, gas stations, banks, etc. nearby. Siggy picked us up at the airport, and gave us a wonderful intro tour from the airport to the city, with some stops at some sites on the way in. The car, was comfortable and reliable. Truly, he and his wife go above and beyond - so helpful, and very friendly. This is a great base for a trip to Iceland.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jeff P
Collingwood
“Great Apartment & Hosts”
Reviewed June 2, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

This clean and cozy little apartment is just a stones throw away from Reykjavik in Seltjarnarnes, a quiet community within walking distance to the capital of Iceland. Our friendly and helpful host Siggy picked us up at the airport in Keflavik after midnight and drove us, with an informal guided tour, back to the apartment. He also guided us through the grocery store at 2am, thankfully, as translation became necessary for almost everything. The car that was included for our four day stay was a standard 1.6 ltr. Opel which was reliable and comfortable for our sight seeing excursions. Both Siggy and Nanna made sure we had what ever we needed.
The apartment is spacious, clean and well equipped along with black out curtains in the bedroom, spices, coffee and tea, games, reading materials (including guide books) and TV with a great movie channel. This apartment is located in a quiet neighbourhood a few blocks from the coast, parks and shopping.
The ony thing missing here was a few more weeks time for us to stay :-)

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the host/tourguide/chauffeur/great guy -Siggy
Friends getaway People with disabilities
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing