“A peaceful setting for simple but delicious and filling food”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed June 21, 2017

The cafe has a simple but wholesome vibe to it, with large servings sizes that are fairly priced and absolutely fill you up. The owner (I think he owned the place) was very pleasant and kind, really embodying the feel of the place. I got the meal of the day (nutloaf) with the soup option (coconut and beet) for about $21 and this filled me up, in fact I was stuffed. There are also several vegan cake and pastry options, alongside vegetarian desserts. A must-visit for vegan travellers in Reykjavik.

1  Thank sandydev

Reviewed June 21, 2017

The good part about this is the vegetarian/vegan option and that there is a daily menu for 1 meal and 1 soup. Its a small place and the food is fresh and homemade as a result. It is slightly on the pricey side or what you get - but Reykjavik is pretty expensive anyway. It also is good if you like what they have, but it is basically the 2 options each day. I had lentil soup and a fried eggplant with rice dish when I went and both were fantastic.It also has limited hours (closing by 8:30 in the summer and closed Sundays), but if you can manage to go, I recommend it.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

Loved loved this little cafe on a quiet street in Reykjavik. It had a 70's vegetarian in Northern California vibe. The menu changes daily and has only two options. On my day I had "Indian inspired" cauliflower and dahl. It was delicious. You can also order a large plate or a small, and the prices are super reasonable. If I'd been staying any longer I would have gone back!

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

As a vegetarian for over 40 years, I've had my share of faux veggie fare when traveling. But this little cafe is the real deal. Simple, peaceful atmosphere. One dish per day, Perfectly seasoned, available in 2 portion sizes, vegetarian or vegan options. My non-vegetarian husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal as much as I did. The kind owner asked about our stay and gave us a few "insider" tips on our Golden Circle drive the next day. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a healthy meal!

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a great little restaurant.

It publishes its limited menu every Monday so you can plan for day you need to visit.

Well priced, and because of the limited menu then it ready to eat when you are.

They do great cake too, including vegan cake. So worth a visit any time, except Sunday (closed).