“Vegan Delight!”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed June 9, 2017

Loved loved this little cafe on a quiet street in Reykjavik. It had a 70's vegetarian in Northern California vibe. The menu changes daily and has only two options. On my day I had "Indian inspired" cauliflower and dahl. It was delicious. You can also order a large plate or a small, and the prices are super reasonable. If I'd been staying any longer I would have gone back!

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

As a vegetarian for over 40 years, I've had my share of faux veggie fare when traveling. But this little cafe is the real deal. Simple, peaceful atmosphere. One dish per day, Perfectly seasoned, available in 2 portion sizes, vegetarian or vegan options. My non-vegetarian husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal as much as I did. The kind owner asked about our stay and gave us a few "insider" tips on our Golden Circle drive the next day. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a healthy meal!

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a great little restaurant.

It publishes its limited menu every Monday so you can plan for day you need to visit.

Well priced, and because of the limited menu then it ready to eat when you are.

They do great cake too, including vegan cake. So worth a visit any time, except Sunday (closed).

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

Ok so I'm not vegetarian but my wife liked the idea of this when reading reviews from a book, and I am fine with vegetarian food as an alternative tasty choice from time to time.

There was no disappointment here. Each day they serve a soup and a stew. Each small or large in servings and I took the suggested route of one small soup and one small nut stew. Both where very tasty. My wife went for a large soup and chocolate cake after.

In short the stew was very flavoursome, the soup also, the chocolate cake was amazing.

Soups are served with bread you choose butter or homous as a spread.

Hot chocolate and coffee was great also.

This totted up to 5000 krona. Great value, especially in Iceland where everything is comparatively expensive to us brits.

This is perfect for a meal or even just a coffee and a cake.

Definitely on the list to try whilst staying locally.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

We found this delightful vegetarian cafe by chance as we spent a morning wandering around near Reykjavik waterfront. Very cute inside with a spiritualist theme and delicious hot drinks (creamy, strong hot chocolate, peppermint tea with loose leaves/strainer, cappuccino etc) but the real winner were the delicious veggie & gluten free cakes - totally yummy. Friendly service if a little shy - I don't think their English was quite strong enough for them to serve with confidence but still charming nonetheless. Not too expensive either. Definitely should seek this one out if you are going to Iceland.