“Delicious vegan meal in Reykjavik.”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed July 15, 2016

This restaurant was right down the street from our hotel and we had a amazing meal there. The meal options are limited and change daily and the food is home made in the kitchen but it is REALLY good. If you are looking for good vegan food in Reykjavik, give this a try.

Reviewed July 14, 2016

We had their 'Indian Meal' for lunch, and it was _delicious_.

At first glance it looked like a mickey-take of 'boring' vegan non-food. Everything on the plate was the same drab colour of chickpea. However, upon tasting it our eyes widened and we thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful. Really, really delicious.

We also had two enormous slices of the best carrot cake I have ever had.

If we were in Reykjavik itself for longer I would have gone back to try their other meals.

A little more expensive than I would have liked, but that's Reykjavik for you.

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Nice lunch in this small veggie cafe. A simple concept of 1 soup and 1 main course which changes on a daily basis. You can either have just the soup, the main course or both together in small or large portions. It was Borscht and Spinach Lasagne when we visited. Nice coffee too.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Went for lunch here . However unlike few cafes in Rey , they have fixed menu for the days. So we took both the soup and the meal with rice , vegetables and bread. The curry soup was good . The meal was also good however I found the veg meal at other cafes I have reviewed to be better . Their meal had a distinct smell and taste ( not sure because of which spice ) and was cooked in Indian style ( I'm from India and would have liked it however the smell was very peculiar , and I'm not sure about the oil or spices they used ). Overall the food was good , Mayb would have tasted better had I not waited for my husband and eaten it immediately when served hot.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

The food at Cafe Gardurinn is so lovely. It's like stopping by a friend's house to have lunch. The two different dishes each day is also such a great concept... I visited multiple times during my time in Reykjavik and am looking forward to stopping by again during future visits.