“Nice veggie lunch”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Nice lunch in this small veggie cafe. A simple concept of 1 soup and 1 main course which changes on a daily basis. You can either have just the soup, the main course or both together in small or large portions. It was Borscht and Spinach Lasagne when we visited. Nice coffee too.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Went for lunch here . However unlike few cafes in Rey , they have fixed menu for the days. So we took both the soup and the meal with rice , vegetables and bread. The curry soup was good . The meal was also good however I found the veg meal at other cafes I have reviewed to be better . Their meal had a distinct smell and taste ( not sure because of which spice ) and was cooked in Indian style ( I'm from India and would have liked it however the smell was very peculiar , and I'm not sure about the oil or spices they used ). Overall the food was good , Mayb would have tasted better had I not waited for my husband and eaten it immediately when served hot.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

The food at Cafe Gardurinn is so lovely. It's like stopping by a friend's house to have lunch. The two different dishes each day is also such a great concept... I visited multiple times during my time in Reykjavik and am looking forward to stopping by again during future visits.

Reviewed June 24, 2016

Though it has limited hours, this cozy shop offered delicious vegetarian and vegan options for lunch and early dinner; hours end early on Wednesday. Imaginative substitutions and wonderful use of spices and herbs. Eat in service available.

Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

We came across this by chance and we were so pleased we did. Quality food at a reasonable price .Very good value by Reykjavik standards.
They have a selection for each day and a small soup and main for us was perfect
Warm and friendly service in a cosy room