“The best vegan brownies I've ever tasted”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed September 4, 2015

Meal of the day was delicious spinach lasagne served with carrots and salad, the service was very friendly and the food wasn't too expensive (for Iceland). I bought a few vegan brownies for dessert and they were so good, my meat-and dairy-eating family even said they were the best brownies they'd ever tasted. I highly recommend Garðurinn if you're looking for a good, healthy lunch!

Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile

We ate soup, main course and amazing desserts . The service was great . They welcomed as with a big smile .
If you keep the shabbes you can pay in advance and come eat your meal when you want.
We sat there for two hours and enjoyed every second of it.

1  Thank roninig g
Reviewed August 22, 2015

Small, friendly cafe serving vegetarian meals. We sampled the homemade soup which was delicious and was served with homemade bread and hoummus.

Reviewed August 13, 2015

They simply have the most tasteful food in Reykjavik!
Staff is top and it’s always a pleasure to come back to this gem !!

Reviewed August 11, 2015

My husband and I both had the soup and main combo, which was delicious. The soup came with bread and hummus for vegans, as opposed to dairy, and we had a curry for the main. The cafe is small but a really nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly and helpful. They only have one soup and one main choice per day, and when I looked at that weeks full menu there was only one day that the main was not vegan friendly - the soup was so you could be sure you were always getting something. Maybe worth a check online to make sure if you were set on getting a main before you go... Prices were reasonable, but the best bit were the home made vegan cakes we bought to eat later on - delicious!