“Delicious food, amazing vegan cakes!”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed August 11, 2015

My husband and I both had the soup and main combo, which was delicious. The soup came with bread and hummus for vegans, as opposed to dairy, and we had a curry for the main. The cafe is small but a really nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly and helpful. They only have one soup and one main choice per day, and when I looked at that weeks full menu there was only one day that the main was not vegan friendly - the soup was so you could be sure you were always getting something. Maybe worth a check online to make sure if you were set on getting a main before you go... Prices were reasonable, but the best bit were the home made vegan cakes we bought to eat later on - delicious!

Reviewed July 28, 2015

Went there for lunch. It was a great sunny day so we sat at outside at the back to enjoy the sun - not the best place to sit because of the uneven concrete our table was at, but better than being inside on this beautiful day.
I think they always only serve one soup dish (with bread) and one main dish. I had the main dish which was quite disappointing, basically a tomato based stew with boiled cauliflower and eggplant, accompanied with a small portion of rice and a few sheets of salad (iceberg salad I think). I've had some great vegetarian dishes, but this one had no ambition. Had the raw chocolate cake afterwards, and that's probably the best chocolate cake I've ever had. Dark and rich chocolate flavor with a side of cream...absolute heaven. The service was friendly but not very professional.

Reviewed July 17, 2015 via mobile

We had a pumpkin soup with bread and hummus and an african couscous with roasted vegetables and chili. Delicious! Simple, easy, healty and not expensive!

1  Thank WinnieFr
Reviewed July 1, 2015

Wanted to like this cafe with its small vegetarian menu - one daily soup, and one daily special. Today's special a "neat loaf" which I had hoped was a misprint for a nut loaf turned out to be a loaf made from tofu, rice and corn flakes with uninspiring mash, salad and not very subtle sauce. Coffee was good, but food not so.

1  Thank KirstyScobb
Reviewed May 24, 2015

We just happened upon the wonderful small bistro that is vegetarian and vegan! The soup and hummus were tasty and filling. The vegan desserts are so yummy!

1  Thank maxmom1