“Interesting and delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tapashusid/Tapashouse - CLOSED

Tapashusid/Tapashouse
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Spanish, Grill, Scandinavian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Twined for 90 years. Our casa, Sólfell, was built in 1921 and has a rich history twined with Spain. Originally Sólfell housed the production of bacalao (salted cod/saltfiskur) and Spain was by far the biggest buyer. A newspaper article from 1921 tells how the Spanish renewed the contract between the two countries. The contract was literally a big deal because the magnitude was such that the Spanish bought all the exported bacalao that year. A new Spanish contract. We have reversed things. Before the bacalao started its journey from here to Spain but now we import from Spain everything that gives us the warmth and feel of the south. Of course the bacalao has a special place in our hearts as well as on our menu along with other delicacies, enough to give you what you need to put together your dream feast, there are thousands of possible combinations. There is a certain equilibrium in the fact that we have now offer a contract with whomever enters our establishment. In it we state our determination to offer the best of the Spanish tradition in this historical house with a unique fusion of our beloved home country. Enjoy.
Calgary
“Interesting and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our last night in Iceland meal and it was well chosen. We shared an Icelandic tasting menu and a few other tapas. Everything was beautifully prepared and mostly delicious (I just don't think I am a fan of puffin- sauce was delicious though). I felt that given the variety and quality of food, the price was actually fairly reasonable ( not to be confused with cheap)

Charlotte
“A little bit of this and that”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a good meal of tapas here. A wide variety was sampled, and a delicious sparkling sangria. Being tapas, the plates are extremely small, but the price is true Reykjavik, very high. But, a great evening.

Visited October 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Excellent food in a relaxed, interesting setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Eating relatively early (18:30) after a long day being tourists, we were ready for some good food reflecting the ingredients specifically available in Iceland. We selected the Iceland Menu (of whatever it was called) - two between the four of us (wife and I + 2 boys, 14 & 9) with an option to add some further dishes if we didn't have enough. I would highly recommend this option if you want a taste of Icelandic specialities with a twist.
The setting and atmosphere were great - relaxed and casual but well designed with interesting décor.
The service was enthusiastic rather than "professional", but we were very satisfied and all the various servers were as friendly as other Icelandic people we met = very.
We loved the selection of dishes and enjoyed everything, although my wife found the smoked lamb too peaty in the smoking. We would all recommend the whale and puffin dishes. The house wine of the month was perfectly acceptable and reasonably priced for Iceland.

Borgarnes, Myrasysla, Iceland
“Delicious Salmon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

What a delicious salmon me and my friend had at the Tapashúsid. Excellent service, the food was outstanding with a very well chosen house wine. Good location in the heart of Reykjavik near the pier.

• Visited August 2013
“Not worth it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I came there around 22:00, the waiters took a long time to take our orders. We were 3 people and ordered 2 tapas plates per person, all of them from the hot kitchen. Only 5-10 minutes later all of our food arrived, like they were rushing us out.

The food was not good, I had nr. 22, very salty and no taste of the foie gras. I also had the duck, undercooked and very little flavor. My friends had lobster which was overcooked and asparagus was raw, not al dente but raw in one of the dish.
On all of the dishes we had was this red chilli marmalade, probably to add color to the dishes as garnish, maybe a coincidence but not very creative.

We ordered wine and sodas. The food arrived before the wine and the sodas didn't arrive until we had started the second dish. We asked three waiter's where our sodas was and they all went to check but never came back.

It's not like the place was full of people eating that can excuse the bad service.

After we paid, yes we paid, we went outside and there were the majority off the staff having a smoke and some beer. I was frustrated to see that because I'm the one "paying" for that beer.

Maybe I will give them another chance sometime since they get so good reviews. For their sake I hope this was a one nighter.

• 1 of 5 bubbles