“Dear Michelin, time to book your flight to Reykjavik”
Review of Grillmarkadurinn

Grillmarkadurinn
Ranked #13 of 494 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We wanted something special for my birthday and their tasting menu was up to all expectations. All the food was outstanding, service excellent same with ambience. Excellent local food with a twist that was nicely presented. This restaurant beats several of the London Michelin restaurant we have visited lately. We booked table for 19.00 which seems to be the perfect since the restarant becomes busyier later in the evening.

2  Thank SHylby
There are newer reviews for Grillmarkadurinn

Reviewed November 6, 2013

we turned up without reservations and sat at the bar in front of the oven. great spot as it helped to keep us warm. It was a great way to experience other types of food and we had puffin, lobster and whale mini burgers to start. i had the lamb for main while my boyfriend had salmon, with 3 glasses of wine too it came to about £80 in total. the venue is a beautiful setting and the food was very tasty.

1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Is my suggestion. After reading all the reviews, I reserved for our anniversary. The ambiance is striking; the use of wood, stone and fish skin is impressive. However, the tasting menu left much to be desired. Presentation was excellent, service was impeccable, portion size small, dessert was the exception.
We have had chef's menus the world over, but this one did not live up to our expectations.

1  Thank nealcr
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Eat there Thursday 24 Th. October with my 3 Sisters
Excellent meal made all the better by our most attentive Waitress Tina

1  Thank Jcmkeller
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I am hard to please and I have to say this is probably one of the finest meals I have enjoyed around the world. Fabulous decor. My daughter said she felt the ground floor restaurant had a volcanic feel to it. Tables give you great privacy and its really relaxing. Great staff who cant do enough for you. The meat is tender, well cooked and tasty. I went all out and had mini burgers to start which included puffin, whale and lobster. Followed by horse steak which I thought was the sweetest and most tender of meats I had ever tasted. Iceland is expensive and this restaurant is no exception but definately well worth the cost.

2  Thank globetrotter666