“Best food in Reykjavik”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The place was pretty busy and I didn't have a reservation but they accommodated me at the bar. You could watch the chefs prepare the food. They were very talkative and friendly. The dessert was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted!!!! Definitely a must on the list of places to eat.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,181)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were very impressed with this restaurant. We had a variety of Icelandic dishes. It was fine dining and priced as such, but the cost wasn't unreasonable. Would eat here again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

As everyone does we had the taster dish. It was excellent and very filling, from memory we had 4 starters.
Whale - tasted good to me.
Squid - I've never liked squid but this was nice.
Duck Salad - as everyone says it was divine.
I can't quite remember the 4th but it was probably good.
3 mains of:
Duck again - very nice again not as good as the salad though.
Lamb - gorgeous, again I've never really liked lamb but this one was good!
Ribs - fall off the bone tender and delicious.

Desert platter with crembrule, choc mouse, fruit, sorbet ice cream hot caramel and coffee ice cream.

All in all it was delicious and worth the £120 for the meal and 4 beers

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Or you can sit at the bar like we did. Food was expensive but every bite was delicious. Convenient location in the downtown area near the harbor.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came with a big group, and got a 8 courses meal. Our table of 9 people got every time 3 plates with each plate have 3 small portions which you could put on your wn. After 8 courses we were full and had tested every main dish you could get, from duck to whale, from lamb to salmon, from dried fish toa range of deserts. Well done!