“High endish”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Trendy place, make a reservation! Entrees were spectacular! Main course was disappointing... They turned three perfectly great pieces of fish into a saucy mess. Wine was good. Pricey but worthwhile for the cool atmosphere, quality products and great open kitchen

1  Thank Marcelotobar

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We loved the food we got here and the service was very good.
You will enjoy your stay at this restaurant, both the food and the service. Remember to book in advance or you could try to get a seat by the grill, which is drop by.
We had a full course menu and when we did not like the whale, we got another dish as a complimentary.
The dessert we were served in the lounge in the basement, which was very nice.
We will definitely eat at this restaurant at our next stay in Reykjavik.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Arrived at restaurant, asked if they could take us for dinner, refused on site. As I left the restaurant I over heard the same two ladies telling the next person in queue that they would try and fit them in. One of the ladies realised I had overheard her saying this and reddened up. I then approached the lady and asked to speak to the manager , waited around for a few minutes to be met with gentleman who offered no apology and told me he had no time for my complaint.

I eventually negotiated a table after a long wait at the bar. The service was excellent and the food was fantastic, I would highly recommend.

Don't be put off by their ageist attitude towards 40 something's. You may not be slim and trendy but your money is as good as the younger elite.

6  Thank Tom G
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We could not find the restaurant when we arrived and spent some time looking around, in the ed I called them to say we were running late and that we were lost. One of the waitresses actually came out (without a coat in October!) to find us and bring us to the restaurant which was a little embarrassing but greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately all the food was very cold and the starter I had was horrible (deep fried something which was like chewing a sponge soaked in oil) which spoilt it a little but the atmosphere in the restaurant was lovely and the staff were great.

2  Thank harrisonerin
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is fantastic. If I lived in Reykjavik my wallet and waist would take some serious hammering.

Every aspect of the food from starters, to main and dessert was first class.

The beef tenderloin was probably the nicest dish I have ever had. Amazing. Much better than Kobe beef (I said it).

It is expensive but I believe you get what you pay for with food (most of the time).

Eat and enjoy. I will be back.