“Best food ever”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This restaurant had the coolest atmosphere and best food ever. We tried whale sliders, lobster sliders, goose sliders, steak, lamb. All the food was amazing , best restaurant we went to the whole time.

1  Thank Devingantz
Write a ReviewReviews (3,985)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

At the time of visiting this restaurant was ranked 2nd on Tripadvisor out of 224 in Reykjavik, which swayed our decision and led to certain expectations.
We went late on Wednesday night for our last dinner before going home. We waited too long for a table, too long for our drinks orders to be taken, too long for the drinks to be brought us. A later drink was completely forgotten - thankfully water was freely available.
So the service should be top-rate but want on our visit.
The food however is out of this world. And the desserts are really fab too.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Reviews are pretty right for that place. A must go in Reykjavik. Upper pricing, but worth its money, including deserts. But do reserve, please.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This is just one of the nicest places I've ever eaten in. And I've eaten in a lot !! The whole experience was simply great and the taster menu was an eye opener. I am against the eating of whales but my, isn't minke nice? And sorry Ed. you clearly did not speak loud enough before I ate you. They also do other food like steak, fish and stuff !!

Great atmosphere on a Saturday night and some great people watching.

The bill was not so mad considering the extent of the food and drink consumed. Book ahead I would suggest as we could only get a table at 2200 which was a bit late. Upstairs is best as you can watch the chefs in action.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

As other's have mentioned, a little awkward to find. But do persist, it's worth the effort. Once inside the architecture is a cross between crisp and modern and Iceland rustic. The service was impeccable and the food was stunning. I had the mini-burgers to start (Whale, Puffin and Lobster) wow. Only in Iceland, could something so wrong be so right. For our main coarse, i had the fillet steak and my wife had the tenderloin of horse ( we shared a bit of each ). Both were absolutely cooked to perfection. For dessert we had the ice-cream. It was the best ice-cream dish i have ever had, wow. Not a cheap restaurant, but worth every penny. I cannot recommend it anymore highly enough.

2  Thank Andyraven