“Not at all over-rated, really was Brilliant”
Review of Grillmarkadurinn

Grillmarkadurinn
Ranked #14 of 511 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good points
- Staff were friendly and very welcoming
- Good atmosphere and decor
- Extravagant well flavoured food, I had the duck breast and my partner had the horse, the chocolate dessert was also fantastic, the best I had in reykjavik
- Speedy service
- Good value for money. Seemed expensive at first but the food was worth it and the price was good for the area

Bad points
- Couldn't find any

1  Thank xseahorsex

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a great dinner here on our first night in Iceland. We didn't have reservations, but were able to sit at the bar, which offered a superior experience to sitting at a table anyway. There, we could watch the kitchen staff prepare all the food on the grill. We started with the Shellfish Soup and the Countryside Salad, which have now become the standard by which all future soups and salads will be judged. For dinner, we ordered the Meat Gourmet and the Fish Gourmet, and a side of mushrooms. While the mushrooms were amazing, they were also unnecessary, as the 2 main dishes offered plenty of variety.

Our best meal in Reykayvik! Good luck finding the place (it's in
a side alleyway, behind the wool store on the corner of Austurstraeti & Lækjargata) but if you can, we are sure you'll have an excellent meal.

1  Thank MsJitterbug
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Before going to iceland, I reviewed a lot of the restaurants in these pages, worrying that I'd chosen the best restaurant in Rejkavic! Okay I visited 5 in total, the first, a nice little pizza place where we eat upstairs, with locals/students, have the hekla pizza, I guarantee it'll make you smile, the icelandic fish and chip place(wouldn't bother going back there, unless you like butlins style lighting and service!!) in the Marina hotel bar(yummy catfish cooked and served in a frying pan!) gulfoss restaurant and the grillmarket. I can't obviously state its the best on the island, because you couldn't possibly try them all! But let me tell you this, I paid 31k isk for a special meal here for my wife and myself, okay, we had 2 bottles of wine and pre dinner bombay sapphires etc, but I wouldn't hesitate to visit this place on my next trip to Rejkavic! Absolutely value for money!
The place oozes sophistication, decorations are lovely, lighting is relaxing, toilets...... well, works of art really, service was attentive, but the food is out of this world.... Try the taster menu, you won't be disappointed. Every dish was explained and presented tantalisingly.
If you want a special meal, this is the place to go, grab a table downstairs if you can, in a booth and be prepared to be made to feel special!

1  Thank PeterG0
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We happened to be in Reykjavik during the Food & Fun festival so went to the Grillmarket for their tasting menu. It was a lovely 5 courses, including some of the local specialities (salmon, lamb etc). This restaurant has a very good reputation within Iceland and is not too extortionate (as fine food in Iceland goes). It does get booked up quick so would recommend phoning in advance.