“Wonderful”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

During our one week stay in Reykjavik, my husband I elected to spend the evening of our 25th wedding anniversary here after local recommendations. We were not disappointed, it was fabulous. Ambience, service and food all wonderful. Hubby had a beef steak which was nice, but I tried tenderloin of horse, which was totally delicious.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, England, United Kingdom
“High-end in every way”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I don't think there's anything I can fault this place on. The stylish, dimly-lit decor gives the place an intimate atmosphere, with nice little touches to remind you that you're in Iceland (including an intriguing black lava salt to go with the bread). Our waitress was lovely, and even though we were squirrelled away in a corner booth downstairs, we never felt like we had been forgotten about (unlike the case in many restaurants I know). And the food was simply amazing, some of the best lamb I've ever tasted in my life. Obviously being a grill restaurant there isn't much variation from the classic grilled meat + chips combo, but when the ingredients used are this fresh and good quality, why would you go for anything else? Of course none of this comes cheap, but it's the perfect place to come if you want to sample local Icelandic meat in its purest form.

1 Thank Lee A
Norwegian
“Totally agree with the others.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

How can this remote country excell the way they do? This place is a showcase for everything else I have experienced on this visit. Excellent service, imaginative menu served with bravour. And the atmosphere of the place!! Not to forget the heartwarming and first class service. This is a good reason to come back to Iceland - thank you!

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Mixed opinions”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went with a group of 10. Atmosphere and cocktails excellent. Some thought food was fantastic but mine was cold when arrived and not that special, however pudding was gorgeous. Service pleasant but slowish- not a place for a quick bite but good for an occasion

Brooklyn, New York
“Spectacular”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My friend and I ate here on our first night in Iceland. The place is stunning, the service is wonderful, and the food is absolutely delicious (and surprisingly affordable). I 100% recommend it.

1 Thank Nicole D