“Absolutely amazing!!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scandinavian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant on a Wednesday night and expected it to be reasonably quiet but it turned out to be busy, which was a really good sign. We were greeted with a friendly welcome and led to our table. Our waitress then came with the menus and some water, she was very prompt. The restaurant has really nice decor, and the toilets are fantastic!

It took me so long to choose my food as everything looked amazing! I decided on Seafood and Lobster soup for starter then Duck for the main, I can honestly say it is one the best meals I have ever had in my life!!! My boyfriend had Carpaccio for starter then the meat selection (beef, lamb, duck) for main. He equally thought the food was great. I was so full after this I could only fit in a coffee and liqueur.

The service was great, our glasses were always topped up with both the wine we ordered and water. All round fantastic!! And I want to go back now for more soup yum yum!!

2  Thank Suki29

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Hidden away and full of locals, service excellent and food very tasty. Definitely will go back again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Everything on the menu looked amazing. We had lamb t-bone & fillet steak, both superb and cooked exactly as we'd asked. Would recommend this restaurant highly. Fantastic atmosphere, knowledgeable staff. We went on a Saturday and it was packed, so I'm sure booking is always essential.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

For my travel and lifestyle blog I went to Reykjavik to scout the best restaurants, bars, shops and things to do. The Grill Market is a very good restaurant! Try the tasting menu, it's very good. Beware there is Mink whale meat on the menu. If you don't like eating that tell the waiter in advance. Everything else was delicious!! You can always check out iannsterdam, there's a city guide to Reykjavik on the website. Or just read my other reviews on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We ordered mini burgers as starter, it was amazing and toothsome. Main dishes as high-quality beef and smoked duck were all savory as well. Even the bread with special salt were appetising. Staff were helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed time there.