“Personalized Service!”

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Reykjavik
Maryland
“Personalized Service!”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

The service is excellent. Front desk staff are friendly and ready to help you - from booking excursions to fruit basket/champagne in the bedroom to booking an anniversary dinner at the Perlan Restaurant. The hotel is located two blocks from the main street. It is quiet, clean and has decent accomodation. Please keep in mind that 4-5 star hotels in Iceland are nowhere near 4-5 star hotels in the U.S. Hotel accomodation is definitely part of the adventure. I would highly recommend Hotel Odinsve to anyone. Without a doubt, my husband and I will stay there again in the near future! Most importantly, I would suggest to couples not to bring their small children when vacationing in Iceland (just like my husband and I) so that they can truly savor and enjoy the romantic aura of Iceland. Somethng to think about...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HappyCouple2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Watford, UK
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We spent three nights in Reykjavik, staying at Hotel Odinsve. The hotel was very central but a few streets away from the main area so nice and quiet at night. The staff were very efficient and friendly and only too happy to book trips. They even rang the horse riding centre where we had spent the morning to retrieve my inhaler for me! Breakfast was reasonably priced and fresh and tasty (buffet). The room was a nice size and very clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. If a friend was going to Reykjavik I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 1, 2010

This is a good quality central hotel, close to - but not on top of - the main shopping area.

The room was clean and large (we somehow got a room split over two levels which felt wonderfully palacial!). Service was very friendly and attentive. We only got to sample a rushed early morning breakfast due to an early flight so I can't fairly comment on food or the restaurant.

Recommended as a nice quiet base from which to explore the Icelandic capital.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Norway
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I arrived at the hotel late night. There was a group reservation made for us. I read good reviews on Tripadvisor and I knew it was a four star hotel. Also local people recommended it to me. When I entered the room - I was really disappointed. The furnuture in the room was really old. There were some holes in the wall paper. The TV channels were not tuned. The bed was extremely uncomfortable (and I am young and tend to fall asleep anywhere). The water in the shower didn't run away. The room smelled smoke. The window was dirty. The carpet was dirty. I was so disappointed. But the rest of our group was very satisfied with their rooms. Apparently I got a room from an old part of the hotel? Then why wasn't I warned. Or at least this room could have been in different price category.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Finland
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Hotel is really central, few minutes walk to the main streets and shopping street Laugavegur. Still not noisy at all and very safe.

It's very clean and stylish, furnished scandinavian style. Room was really spacious and nice. We had room with two floor, one double bed at first floor and one big sofabed on 2 floor, so three of us had plenty of space.

Breakfast was also very good and staff was professionals and friendly. Overall we were very satisfied.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Southern California
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Odinsve is between the Hallgrimskirkja and the town center, though neither is these is more than a few blocks away, making for an excellent location. The Flybus from the airport stops for free at this and other hotels in the city, and the front desk can book bus tours and other excursions for you. My room was very affordable ($61/night through Expedia), and I found it to be a typical European hotel room, neat, small, and functional. Americans looking for lavish decor and other amenities will be disappointed, but they should not be. This is an excellent hotel and accommodation in a terrific location. I liked the room very much. The hot water in Reykjavik is infused with a gas that makes the water smell like rotten eggs or sulphur, but this is not even noticed after a while, and it does not affect the taste of the water, so you should feel free to use the complimentary coffee. The service was outstanding: very attentive and helpful. There is an excellent restaurant in the hotel. My room looked out on the Hallgrimskirkja and was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We had an overnight stay at this hotel on our arrival in Iceland. We were looking for a centrally-positioned hotel but also one in a quiet area and reasonably priced. This hotel fitted the bill. It is located on a square in a residential area between the centre and the Hallgrimskirkja. The hotel does not have a car park but there is free overnight parking in the square immediately in front of the hotel.

Our room was fairly small but the bed was very comfortable and with 24 hour daylight we really didn't spend much time in it. The bathroom was adequate although the shower was very smelly (sulphur - you will get used to this if you spend any length of time in Iceland!).

The staff were mostly very friendly and helpful although the night porter was very disinterested when we approached him with a possible problem with our hire car. We tried again when the day staff came on and they were very helpful and made telephone calls on our behalf to sort out the problem.

Breakfast was the usual array of eggs, cereal, fruit, bread, jams etc. We did not have dinner at the restaurant but ate instead at an Italian restaurant called The Basil and Lime which we would recommend. It seemed very popular and we would suggest either booking in advance or getting there early.

Overall this hotel is nothing out of the ordinary but it is very well placed and we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple