Hotel is recommendable, average standard hotel. For a three star hotel a decent enviroment, though the pricing is a bit high scale (from my perspective, frequently travel throughout Europe and US.).
- internet at charge at lobby only!
+ unfriendly staff - or a bit stiff. In an extreme situation after an accident I have to say, they really tried their best and made up for most wrong doings before (we stayed three times one night).
- std. contintenal breakfast that did not convince. (eg. poor syriup orange juice)
o std. rooms are very small. you barely can turn around in them, also the furniture are bit outdated/old, though the bed is comfortable.
* deluxe rooms newly refurbished also with a good bed. and breakfast room is on the 7th floor with a nice view over the harbour.
- no hair drier
o distcance to town about 20 minute walk
+ free parking
Hotel is a bit out of down town - with a reasonable disctance of walking - you are in 15 minutes to 20 down town.
Across the street is a gas station, subway and a fruit juice store. opening hours are until 2230h at night (regular opening hours).
close by 5 minute walk is a 24 hour store.
Hotel has no room service.
The Restaurant serves the complimentary breakfast. Breakfast is plain with bread, cheese, ham, hardboiled eggs, juice (argh, more syrup :( ), water, instant coffee.. so nothing special.
In the evening you can get a dinner buffett at 1400 Krones. Standard is similar to the breakfast with one hot dish. I would rather go somewehere is, though it is eatable and price is okay.
Service. I have speak out a compliment, as they are short on staff, there was one guy at the recepetion (farily new in the hotel), he put very much effort in helping us to get a wheel chair as one of our group members had an accident. Big thanks to him. Though he is not the average attitude staff there. Most others seemed a bit "frustrated" and rarely customer oriented.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cabin is a modern hotel designed for the modern traveler and equipped with all the facilities that a modern traveler needs. Our main policy has always been, to offer travelers visiting Reykjavík comfortable and economic accomodation right in the heart of the city. The standard rooms are the cheapest accommodation we have to offer and as the name implies they are very basic but comfortable. The Deluxe rooms are bigger and come with a bathtub with a shower and refrigerator. The Superior rooms are all on the hotel´s 7th floor and offer a magnificent view of the city or the ocean. They come with a free wireless internet, a refrigerator, a tea- and coffee maker and a hairdryer.The hotel is excellently located within a walking distance from the city center as well as the Laugardalur area.Laugardalur (Hot Spring Valley) is a centre for sports and recreation in the capital. In Laugardalur you will find the Botanical Gardens and the largest outdoor thermal pool in Reykajvík, Laugardalslaug. The facilities there include a water slide, hot tubs and a geothermal sauna. Also located in laugardalur are Laugardalsvöllur Sport Stadium and Laugar fitness spa. The popular family park and Zoo in Laugardalur is open all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Fastbooking, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Cabin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cabin Reykjavík
- Reykjavík Hotel Cabin
- Hotel Cabin Iceland
- Cabin Hotel Reykjavik
- Cabin Hotel Iceland