We stayed here for a long weekend on 4th July. Unimpressive from the outside. Looks like a 1970`s office block. However impression changed once through the door. Spacious airy reception with plenty of seating and some interesting wooden sculptures of people and sheep. Reception very staff helpful. Room clean and warm. Shower lovely and hot, although tray could do we refurbish as the enamel was very chipped. We were facing the domestic airport but weren't bothered by noise overduly. Beds clean and comfortable. Restaurant very good. We found the breakfasts just fine. We had an evening meal here one night which was lovely. Spa was better than those in British hotels by far. It's just a shame it's use wasn't included in the price. The free bus pass was appreciated and used! Our one gripe was our excursions. The reception staff kept sending us to wait out the back for our pick up which meant (we think but couldn't prove) that we missed our pick up to the blue lagoon, so had to request another pick up which eventually arrived over an hour later than our scheduled pick up. We made sure we were out the front for the whale watching tour (again which we were directed out the back for that pick up!!!!) and lo and behold our driver arrived out the front. Hotel a pleasant walk from the pearl and about half an hour from the city centre. Excursions (when we did get picked up from the right place at the right time!) were all lovely. Lady in shop/excurion booking office also very pleasant and helpful. We'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir