This hotel was booked as part of Travel Zoo's/Iceland Air's "Experience the Arctic North." package. The Hotel was very clean and comfortable. The standard room was all you would need for the one or two nights you will spend there on this package. However, on the last night we decided to splurge a bit and upgrade to the "Art Room." It had two beds and maybe a little more room. They added some additional things like body lotion etc. It also included the SPA/Massage/Pool/Hot tub entrance fee. However, I would not spend the extra $57.00 for this room. Stay with the standard room that comes with the package. The staff at the desk were wonderful.They went beyond the call of duty. They were kind, helpful and so compassionate. I can't say enough good about them. The package included breakfast everyday except the day you arrive. If you eat at the hotel that day, it will cost you about $45.00 for two of you (5,000 krona). The food was very good and lots of it. Scrambled eggs, sweet rolls, sausage, yogurt, fruit, etc. It was satisfying and you can go back as often as you wish. Dinner at the hotel restaurant "SATT" was ok but nothing to write home about. We both had the hamburger with fries. It was ok, but not what we are used to seeing or eating. The hotel is next to the domestic airport but with the double pane windows, the airport noise was minimal.
There is a travel desk inside the hotel which was great and helped us plan and book our tours in and around Reykjavik. Everyone in Iceland speaks English so there is never a problem with the language even in small shops in town. Everyone from taxi's, hotel, stores etc take VISA or Master Card...Right now the exchange rate is about 113 Krona to one dollar. So, I would recommend you get about 20-40,000 Krona for incidentals. That is a little over $350.00 U.S...You have the option at the ATM's at the airport or other locations to choose any amount from 5,000 Krona up..One of the "perks" we enjoyed was the free city bus pass the front desk provides. We rode it downtown with another couple. We went to the Northern Lights museum and had a good time taking the local bus all over.
Overall it was a great experience at this hotel. I would recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir