“simple hotel away from downtown with view of the airport”

Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura
Ranked #36 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 18, 2014

nice hotel away from downtown, a 15 minute walk from the busy downtown...
check in early in the morning to find a simple hotel with beautiful lobby and accommodations.

i stayed in a 2 twin bed with sofa room on the Floral Art floor, 4th floor.
they provide a free city bus pass (5,000 ISK krona deposit) to get to downtown.
they have free internet in hotel and tour service desk to arrange your tours.

a nice hotel away from the city to provide a nice simple stay in Reykjavik... definitely recommend

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Trausti K, Project Manager at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.
I am very glad to see that you were both satisfied with the room and the hotel in general. I hope you will someday visit us again and if you do, I recommend you to try out our newly renovated spa for some extra comfort.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel. Don't get me wrong it's a nice hotel and staff are great. The spa is relaxing and has a hot tub, swimming pool and sauna. The steam room wasn't working. My biggest problem was the bed and pillows. The bed is too soft and the pillows are awful and uncomfortable. Didn't sleep a wink all night! And when touring all day the last thing you want is lack of sleep! I ended up with neck pain. For someone who has a back problem like me the bed makes it worse and ended up sore! To the hotel management please sort the beds and pillows out.

Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.
I am very sorry to see that you were unable to sleep during your stay, due to uncomfortable pillows and an uncomfortable bed. I will definitely forward your complaint to the general manager so she can take necessary actions to prevent this from happening again.
Hopefully you will give us another chance someday in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed in the "Art Room" and I was not impressed. The hotel informed me by email that they had a shuttle to the Blue Lagoon but failed to let me know that I would have to pay for it. When I bought tickets on the shuttle, I ended up paying for tickets to the Blue Lagoon which I already had. Overall, the entire experience was ok but not what I expected.

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Reykjavik Natura.
I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the shuttle to the Blue Lagoon. It should have been clearer in the e-mail that you had to pay for the Blue Lagoon shuttle, since it is not operated by us. I will make sure to inform our staff about this to prevent this from happening to other guests.

I am sorry to hear that you did not like the Art room but perhaps you would be more interested, if you stay with us again, in upgrading to a deluxe room, which is more modern, bigger in size and has a bathtub.
Overall I hope that you can give us another chance to prove to you that our hotel is much more than OK and has a lot to offer.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Visited January 2014. Arrived at hotel at 8 a.m. and pet q we were allowed to check in. Staff were welcoming and informative so we maximized our time in Reykjavik. We enjoy walking so we found it very easy to walk downtown, to the Pearl, to the local outdoor hot tub and beach. Icelanders are a hardy group and ran from hot pool then to warm lagoon then into icy Atlantic.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed 5 days at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura in October 2013. We booked as part of a package tour through Icelandair. We found the room clean and comfortable. The bathroom was smallish, but modern and clean.
We had large window facing southward. We could hear planes taking off and landing on the nearby airstrip, but it was not bothersome. We had a bit of a view of the Saga Museum grounds on the hill across the street. Our room was quiet. There was a refrigerator and television in the room. The room temperature was comfortable. We saw maids in the hallways, but were never inconvenienced by their schedules.
The restaurant offered a large buffet breakfast. We purchased this separately, not part of the package. It was a bit expensive for breakfast (about 20 USD per person) including unlimited coffee. By Iceland standards where all food is imported, this was an economical meal. Our breakfast became our main meal of the day.
There is a travel agent inside the gift shop that can book local tours. The English-speaking front desk staff was helpful and efficient. We had no problems with our bill.
We gave a refundable deposit at the front desk and received bus passes that allowed unlimited bus service within Reykjavik. The bus stop is directly in front of the hotel and runs about every half hour. We used the bus to get into town, but the central area is not really that far away. If the weather is nice, we would prefer to walk into town and enjoy sightseeing along the way. The Hallgrimskirja is easily seen from the Natura property and not too far. In the other direction away from town, the geothermal beach Nautholsvik is just a short walk (probably a quarter mile walk on paved bike path/walking trail) from the Natura Hotel. In October, it was too cold for us to swim, but we witnessed local swimmers in the water. The Saga Museum is a short walk across the street.
The lobby was comfortable and decorated in Icelandic design. We spent a bit of time in the lobby waiting for tours. There is wifi and computers available for use by guests in the lobby. There are also interesting local art and an exhibit of local birds & wildlife in glass cases which we enjoyed.
*** Here is my tip for saving money if you stay at the Natura. We bought KEF airport shuttle tickets only to/from the bus station... not to the hotel. The Natura is visible from the bus station and an easy walk if you don't have lots of baggage. There is a nice paved bike path/walkway between the bus station and the Natura.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Crossing7Continents
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed there the day of our arrival and we were really happy to enjoy the beautiful spa at a reasonable price after a long trip. The diner we had at the restaurant's hotel was also a real moment of pleasure. It's a shame that the hotel is 2 km from the center town (which is a lot when it is windy and cold) and that the room was quite old and not very cosy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were part of a package that booked us into the Reykjavik Natura. The first night the room was old and small, with twin beds. Upon our return we were in a much nicer room.
The staff were very nice. The breakfast was pretty good. We had excellent dinners the one night we ate there (one cod stew, the other salmon).
The hotel is not located very conveniently to anything other than the domestic airport.
We were not bothered by noise of planes.
I would stay here again, but would make sure the room was in the newer part.

Room Tip: Try to good a room in the newer section. Ours was 331 or something like that.