We visited Iceland in April this year, and stayed in this lovely hotel. It was offered through the Icelandair package, and although it's not situated in downtown Reykjavik we picked it for the fact that it has a geothermal pool. I loved this hotel! It's furnished in typical Scandinavian style, with natural woods and calming colors. Breakfast was included on the day of arrival only and it was fabulous. Bread and pastry -fresh and super delicious, large variety of fruits, cold cuts, cereals. I specially loved their version of yogurt called Skyr.
The rooms are not big by North American standards, but it didn't bother us, as we spent all our time outdoors, and only slept in the room, which was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Even though the small domestic airplanes have their runway right behind the hotel, we didn't hear anything.
We rented a car (got a great deal with Budget) and I can't recommend it enough. There is so much to see, and we stayed 4 days only, but still able to see all major attractions in southern Iceland.
We'll definitely be back to see more of this beautiful country. Preferably in summertime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir