Having stayed in this hotel multiple times in the past, I was delighted to return. However the place has undergone some changes. Given the remote location of the hotel and the distance from the city centre, it is unfortunate that you now pay for internet access on a daily basis. Moreover, the distance from the centre should imply quiet and tranquility, but my room - which was nicely proportioned, was facing the city airport, and the throughout the night we could hear the snow clearing equipment in action, making it near impossible to sleep. The minibar in the room was empty adding to a rather indifferent experience of the hotel. The menu does not appear to change much over time, and I was therefore obliged to take taxis into the centre to find different food. Will be looking to stay some where else next time around as the hotel needs to learn to keep pace with competition and with the expectation of travellers. The place was clean and the room large, but shame about the extras...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone and Odigeo so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir