My family and I booked the airfare and hotel through Icelandair. Although the package deal was about $150 more than if we had booked it separate, we still did it with them because of the "perks" we would receive.
First, our rooms were supposed to be early upon our 6AM arrival. This was not done. I had already told them the types of rooms we wanted, but they were not ready. Only 1 of the rooms was ready and the rest took about 2 hours to be cleaned.
Second, the website said that the hotel offered shuttle service to the city center (which would have been excellent as the hotel is a bit outside of the city and walking in freezing temperatures is not pleasant), but for some unexplained reason it was not running. We resorted to using the city bus instead. Thank goodness the hotel at least provides two tickets per person.
Third, although internet connection is available through two computers in the lobby, I would have preferred for wifi to be included with the hotel reservation. If you wanted to have wifi in your room, good luck!! Even if you paid for a 24 hour connection the signal was so weak you still had to go back down to the lobyy to connect.
Fourth, although the website also said that the spa was included...it wasn't!!!
Only one restaurant in the hotel - not budget friendly at all, but then food is very expensive throught Iceland.
Bartenders really need to be taught how to make drinks not just have an idea of what goes in them. Ordered a Bellini and Margarita and was very very disappointed.
The front desk daystaff always looked unhappy and were not very friendly. The night staff was much much better!!
One good thing about the hotel, very very clean. Next to the BSI station, city bus picks right out front, the beds although twin size were very comfortable. The rooms were a bit small.
Read the fine print of the website before booking!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir